www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:57 pm 
Guppy

Hello everyone, I just registered today and am excited to hear from other Four Winns owners. I just got a new 2008 H203 fish & ski and LOVE it! I have it in a slip on Beaver Lake Arkansas. Been tubing with the kids once (successfully!) and just fished it hard this past weekend. I got caught in a heavy downpour and now there's water in the ski locker basin that the bilge won't pump out. Any advice?

The H203 so far is perfect. It's big enough to take the kids and another family out for the day and it fishes like a bass boat when set up that way. The extended swim platform is a must! Adds a lot of room. I looked at every other F&S on the market and made the right decision with a Four Winns.

I have a trim switch in the bow and the kids keep accidently trimming my motor when they are up there. Can I unhook that switch?

look forward to hearing from you!!! Pictures to come...

2008 H203
4.3 Volvo 225hp

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:03 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Hey, nice & congrats. Sorry don't have a F&S myself but it does look like a cool rig to be sure. Love what they did with the engine cover and swim platform. The aft seating and walkthrough is very nicly done.
Not sure how many F&Ss are in the group persay; I play mostly in th Horizon threads but they're all FWs guys and a cool bunch - so welcome. :D

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:19 pm 
Tadpole

I am the proud owner of a 2007 model, formerly known as the 203 fish and ski. My family and I have enjoyed it very much. I had a similar issue with the water in the ski locker last year. The drain conduit between the locker and bilge was clogged with foam and fiberglass filings/sanding. I used a metal fish tape to clear the clog.

By the way we are located in Bowling Green Ky and our boat is red and has the 5.0 liter volvo. What color did you choose?

As for the trim switch up front, I dont know if you can simply unhook it. You and yours will eventually get accustomed to the location. Also, up front on the 2007 models is a courtesy lamp and switch. That little jewel will get you in trouble alot quicker than the trim switch. If the 2008 has the same setup, make sure to check it each time you leave the boat for an extended period. You can drain a battery in fairly short order.

Clay

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:27 am 
Guppy

Thanks, Clay. I'll check that drain conduit. I got the red also. I've noticed that the courtesy light is easily left on, too. Only a matter of time for a dead battery!
John

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:09 pm 
Guppy

Hey guys.. I own a 2006 203 F&S and had a dead battery due to the front courtesy switch on. That is one of the first things that i check when i am done with the boat for the day. :)

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:57 pm 
life to the full

welcome
Ardy
South Australia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:03 am 
I fix stuff

dhertel wrote:
Hey guys.. I own a 2006 203 F&S and had a dead battery due to the front courtesy switch on. That is one of the first things that i check when i am done with the boat for the day. :)

Well the admin agrees with this... I check it constantly - OBTW I run a '06 203F&S - Fun reliable boat.

2001 CBR1100XX

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:41 am 
Guppy

Hey waytooslow, I was wondering what you thought of the trolling motor plate. That is the only complaint I have of the 203 F&S. When you do not have the trolling motor on the plate sticks out and looks ugly. I have also had several people hit there hip on it. Love the boat other than that issue.