www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 1:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:47 pm 
email admin your custom rank

I smelt a scam on this craigslist ad in northern michigan which has been flagged/removed. The ad is for a 2004 214 funship which was listed at $5200. I happened to see the same boat listed in Grand Rapids for $25200. So I figured type or scam and decided I should flush it out.

Here is my email correspondance based on my inquiry regarding the price:

Hi again,
As I've told you at this moment I am in WA in a military base getting ready for Afghanistan (I hope for the last time).I do a special training program each day and I am not allowed to get out of the unit or give calls whenever I want.The shipping will take 3 to 5 days depends on your location and is not a problem because i have considerable discount from eBay and i can do it at no cost for you. You will receive the boat in maximum 5 days along with all the documents including title, bill of sale, 2 set of keys,user manual,full service records and more . Because it is a large transaction we will complete the deal only using an authorized third part like eBay coz I already prearranged the whole process with them, using their escrow Safe Pay Program for vehicles not listed on their website. The boat is located in their warehouse in WA (ready for delivery). I've asked them to allow viewers to go there and inspect the boat but their reply was: "We are not a showroom!" In this case I will offer a 5 days period to inspect the boat from the moment you receive it, before I'll have your money. I think this is more than fair for both of us.
The payment will be handling by eBay Escrow, and you will benefit of 5 days inspection time period (test drive) and the option to accept or reject the boat on my expense. If you are still interested just send me your full name and shipping address. I will forward your info to eBay and they will notify you about our deal.Like this you'll be able to talk with them directly and ask all you want to know.
Regards!!
Amy

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 5:26 PM, <> wrote:

Are you certain that you mean 5200? I see that you have serveral other craigslist ads for the same boat listed as 25200. If you do mean 5200. I would be interested, but would want one of my friends in seatle area to go check out the boat for me.

> Hi,
> I am selling this boat because my platoon has been sent back to
> Afghanistan
> and don't want it get old in my backyard. The price is low because I need
> to
> sell it before July 30. It has no damage, no scratches or dents, no hidden
> defects and was serviced two weeks ago. It is in immaculate condition,
> meticulously maintained.I do have the title,clear,under my name. The Four
> Winns has 130 hours salt water on it,HIN# GFNMM190L304 and also comes with
> double axle aluminium Four Winns trailer (also clear title) included on
> the
> boat price.It is still available for sale if interested, price as stated
> in
> the ad $5,200. The boat is in Seattle WA, in case it gets sold I will take
> care of shipping. Let me know if you are interested, email back.Below is
> the
> boat details and also link with more photos,if the link doesn't work,copy
> and paste it into a new browser page.
> Regards!!!
> 2004 FOUR WINNS 214 FUNSHIP
> Boat title: Clear
> Body type: DECK
> Engine: VOLVO 5.0L GXI 270HP
> Exterior color: White
> Fuel type: Gasoline/50 Gallons
> Lenght: 24.0 feet
> Beam: 8.6 feet
> You can find more pics at:
> http://picasaweb.google.com/amy200077/Fourwinns#
>
> LTC Amy Jones
>

I noticed that this boat is listed on several different Craigslist locales, so stay away! It's a shame that they are using the military as an excuse for this scame :evil: