www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 10:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Help!!!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:56 am 
Starfish

During our boat trip this morning I noticed the "Galvanic Isolator" warning light started flashing red. The Fourwinns manual didnt have much to say so I was not too sure what had happened. At the end of an amazing day (incuding 12 dolphins!) I tried to reconnect the boat to shore power and the shore power switch kept tripping. At this point I realised there must be some electric issue on board so I shut off the boat. Any ideas what's happened?

Last edited by Olivergm on Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Help!!!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:37 am 
Sierra

Oliver - assuming the "Ironisation Galvinator" (couldn't find anything with that spelling on a Google search) is the "Galvanic Isolator", which is designed to protect against corrosion by isolating stray current, it will flash red when your vessel is disconnected from shore power and underway - that is normal. It is only operational when you are connected to shore power, so this is not an issue.

As to why the shore power switch kept tripping, that will require further investigation. Be sure to check all of the ground wires in your engine compartment to be sure they have not come loose. I'm sure others will chime in with more troubleshooting tips...

(Oh, and I'm jealous that you were on a boat trip this morning. It is 21 degrees F here).