www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 6:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:45 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Would love to, but I m all the way over here in CT. There doesnt seem to be to many social Four Winns owners over here. We have maybe 8 Four Winns boats at our marina of almost 300 slips and they all seem to stay to themselves for the most part. Even at the raft ups in Hamburg Cove there are usually no Four Winns boats. Whats the deal?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:18 pm 
Seahorse

Come on down to the Bluegrass State!!! Kentucky Lake, Lake Barkley, Lake Cumberland just to name a few. Lake Cumberland is one of the most beautiful lakes on God's green Earth!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:58 pm 

The next trip after Indian River, Michigan, will be in Kentucky, August 30 to Sept 1. I'm not sure what lake. The trip after that will be in Indiana, Sept. 13 to 16, not sure what water. The trip after that might be Tunica, Mississippi, Sept. 22 to 27. Any and all are welcome to meet up on any of these dates. I think that we could use the saying " Where two or more iFourwinns forum users gather, there will be the first reunion."

1995 Four Winns Horizon 190
OMC 5.0 RL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:57 pm 
Seahorse

just keep me up to date about that ky trip later this summer. We'll definetely get that going!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:45 pm 

Hey 248 Vista,

I would be interested in a CT get together. Any one else interested at Hamburg Cove or anywhere else on the lower CT river ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:56 am 
Andiamo

a

Last edited by Giaccamo on Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:01 am 
Andiamo

BarryBoats wrote:
Hey 248 Vista,

I would be interested in a CT get together. Any one else interested at Hamburg Cove or anywhere else on the lower CT river ?

We hope to spend a night or 2 in Essex this summer, as part of our own "Little Loop" cruise we are planning. We'd Love to Hook up with you CT guys along the way! We are aprox 120 miles from Red Buoy "2" marking the entrance the Saybrook Outer Bar Channel, and I guess it's another 10 miles or so up to Hamburg cove. BTW, is it really navigable up into the cove? Doesn't look it from the charts! If I go up in there, I'll be sure to follow a "Local"!

Better Yet, maybe you guys would be interested in joining us on any portion of our cruise. We are probably talking July. Here's our plan.

Down the Hudson River out thru the VZ NArrows and around Coney Island to the south shore of LI to Jones Inlet and up to Massapequa to spend the night, pick up my cousin and his wife, who will join us on our boat as well as my other cousin who will join us in his 28Pursuit and another Four Winns 248 owner out of Lindenhurst on his boat. FRom there the 3 boats plan to head out thru the Fire Island Inlet and out to Shinnecock Inlet thru the lock into the Peconics. Once in the Peconics my cousin with the Pursuit will likely head to Montauk (big fisherman) and the rest of us plan to head up to Greenport to spend at least a few nights at Townsend Marina! From Greenport, we plan to go up thru Plum Gut and accross the Sound to Saybrook and up into the Ct River to spend the night in Essex.

WE have not planned the return trip from Essex yet, but will likely, head back across the sound to spend the night in Port Jeff, where my cousin and his wife can then pick up their car and head back to Massapequa. Then from Port Jeff we will head thru the East and HArlem Rivers into the Hudson and back home.

Maybe we can plan to meet in Greenport and make the trip back to Essex together and hang there for a while? If you have a better idea, let me know, but weather permitting, the trip around LI should be a lot of fun!

MEanwhile, we are a bit nervous about this storm! My boat is still "On the Hard" at the marina, but with a full day of heavy rain and a "New Moon" high tide at 9PM tonight might result in an unplanned launch floating my boat right off it's stands. Our marina floods easily in weather like this. I think I may actually go down there later and tie the anchor line from the bow to the bulkhead, which is about 50' right in front of my boat. That wil be the 1st time in my almost 25 years of boating that I will have actually anchored the boat in the parking lot! Crazy! Good Luck to you with the new boat!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:32 am 

The cove is easy. Jst have to watch where you are going and where you have been. As long as you stay in the small channel you are fine. There is a huge what looks like 50 foot Flybridge Hatteras moored in there all the time. The cove is alot of fun with the right group. No beach to hang out on, so you are stuck on your boat, but thats ok with me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:13 am 
Andiamo

248 Vista wrote:
The cove is easy. There is a huge what looks like 50 foot Flybridge Hatteras moored in there all the time.

Wow, the charts must be very misleading then! Meanwhile, would you be interested in meeting over in Greenport this summer?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:43 am 

Hamburg Cove is very easy to navigate. No wakes and very quiet. I have never been to Greenport. But I intend to in the very near future. I don't want to take the boat out until we have some descent weather and most importantly our official in-water demo of all the systems and handling. It is a big jump from a 205 sundowner to the Vista.

My previous 21ft boat I launched from Wethersfield, CT and spent our summers cruising the river. On a nice day we would spend an hr or two on the Sound and then make the 2-3hr trip back up to the launch ramp. With the new boat on the sound we have some exploring to do. The river is only 6 miles away from our marina.

We are heading down to the shore today to bring more kitchen stuff and most importantly check the lines.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:50 am 

AlexJ wrote:
The next trip after Indian River, Michigan, will be in Kentucky, August 30 to Sept 1. I'm not sure what lake. The trip after that will be in Indiana, Sept. 13 to 16, not sure what water. The trip after that might be Tunica, Mississippi, Sept. 22 to 27. Any and all are welcome to meet up on any of these dates. I think that we could use the saying " Where two or more iFourwinns forum users gather, there will be the first reunion."

There's one I can do.

"Where Da Go"
2002 248 Vista
Lafayette, IN
http://blueoceanlife.worldventures.biz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:07 pm 

We are definatley going to be in Greenport. Not sure when though. We are pretty open for dates. We will be staying at one of the Brewer yards. We get free nights at any of their other yards. We probably will do a night or two in either July or August. It only takes about a hour or so from where we are. As far as the charts are for the river it looks worse than it is. Just rememer to stay in the well marked channels everywhere. There is alot of silting up around the bends and the many islands. Thats to be expected. You will love the cove. Another good place to raft up is Nott island in Essex. Its right across from EIM. The only problem with hanging out there is the current. usually around 6 knots. Nice small beach area to hang out at. Easy to set your anchor and always a good time as well. Especially good if you tavel with a dog. No where for them to releive themselves in the cove.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:18 pm 
Dolphin

I'll second the navigation of Hamburg cove...I believe the markers are private but they have always been well placed and even at low tide it is not a problem in the channel...as noted, take a look astern now and again to make sure the wind is not pushing you out of the channel. Once there it is a great place...we've actually taken our dingy and gone quite away further up the cove, it forms a gorgeous curving valley and there are a couple of small marinas and yacht clubs up there (and a place for the dog to go!!). I have seen 80 - 90 footers make thier way into Hamburg once in awhile, no big issues.

We're out of Essex you'll like your stay there if you like quite, quaint, pristine little towns...great place to relax.

Previous
2008 FW V358
2006 FW V318
2004 FW V288

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:54 pm 

It sounds like we have the begining of a CT get togethor.

Giacammo,

You are planning a great trip ! How many days are you planning to be out ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:41 pm 
AGE < LOA

I'm game for a Chesapeake bay meet. I'll start it off with the 2 FW at my house - a vista and horizon. Maybe we could meet up with the bayliner guys I heard they're doing a raft up in June on the sasafrass. Supposedly a guy from Riverside is bringing a 38' Vista! They seem like good people.