www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 12:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:47 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Sadly being in Baltimore and living in a town house there is no where safe to keep it at our place, so we will be keeping it up at our family property on the St. Clair river, just north of Detroit. Plus I would rather boat in the fresh water (nota huge fan of brackish)

My floor had experienced some major rot, i knew the floor was soft in a few spots, however all the use we had last summer finished it off. I had it re done and it ended up needing 3 stringers and 4 bulk heads replaced. A much bigger job than I expected, so I am glad I didn't attempt to repair it myself. I choose to go the factory style route (wood deck) due to cost, and the boat is always covered and stored in doors since I have taken ownership.

My dad flew me me in for fathers day, and I had a chance to get her on the water! Everything seems good minus 1 little bug, but she ran great, etc.

Here are the photos!

Floating off the dock:

testing the fitment in the hoist:

running down the river:

New floor!!! Which is absolutely fantastic

If anyone has a matching captain's chair, please let me know!

Thanks for looking, more to come as we head up for the week of the 4th on Saturday!

Past: 1989 180 Horizon

http://www.robcamerondesign.com

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:34 pm 

Boat looks GREAT !
I had to do the deck in mine too....what a job....I did the easier parts myself...cut out the old deck...dug out that foam...saw how bad the stringers were...decided it was better to have the 'glass shop do the stringers...replaced the foam...installed the new deck...then had the same shop glass it in and gelcoat it with non skid gelcoat...no carpet on my deck anymore...Mine's covered all the time too but I keep it on a mooring here in Long Island and it's always damp so the lack of carpet on the floor will make it last longer...

I added a Bimini to mine this spring....I used the slider mounts on the inside of the gunnels and this will allow me to have an enclosure made eventually...and on hot days...the Bimini makes all the difference in the world...

2008 Walker Bay 8

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0/Selectrac
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi/Quadradrive II

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:10 pm 

LouC wrote:
Boat looks GREAT !
I had to do the deck in mine too....what a job....I did the easier parts myself...cut out the old deck...dug out that foam...saw how bad the stringers were...decided it was better to have the 'glass shop do the stringers...replaced the foam...installed the new deck...then had the same shop glass it in and gelcoat it with non skid gelcoat...no carpet on my deck anymore...Mine's covered all the time too but I keep it on a mooring here in Long Island and it's always damp so the lack of carpet on the floor will make it last longer...

I added a Bimini to mine this spring....I used the slider mounts on the inside of the gunnels and this will allow me to have an enclosure made eventually...and on hot days...the Bimini makes all the difference in the world...

Apparently the floor required much more work than I had expected. I am glad I didnt try to do it!

I have thought about doing a bimini as well...sadly I think the boat is just too damn small to add anything to it.

Past: 1989 180 Horizon

http://www.robcamerondesign.com