www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Best boat restaurant
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:51 pm 
Shark

So, its dead of winter, we're all bored and can't wait for spring... Thought I'd try a new thread - something near and dear to all our hearts - Food!

What's your favourite restaurant that you've eaten at while boating - it can be your little secret, or it can be that place that's legendary in your area. It's the place that you drool about when you're sitting around reading this forum - and that you can't wait to get back to when you're back on the water.

Here's mine:

Henry's Fish and Chips on San Souci Island on Georgian Bay, not far from Parry Sound. Henry's is only accessible by water, and its the best fish and chips anywhere. Hands down. Fresh pickerel (walleye for our American friends), pan fried or deep fried. And its far enough away that to boat there is a journey, well worth the time and gas! It's so good, that some people charter float plane trips out of Toronto just to tour the area, and drop in for lunch.

Post subject: Re: Best boat restaurant
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:00 pm 
life to the full

Getting an appetite, could be a little out of the way for us???????

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:30 pm 
Nauti Luv

Sadly, there are only 2 restaurants on the water on my lake so the pickins are slim.

Charlies - is legendary for good breakfast...and they have it. Docks are decent, but not very many of them and can get busy, quick.

Sneaky Petes - Its a larger bar and restaurant. They have a large "street" crowd, often larger than boat crowd. Decent food for lunch/dinner as far as bar food goes. They have a lot of slips, but 25% of them are beat down and pretty much not usuable. The ones that are usuable still suck. NONE of them have actual cleats to tie to, you have to tie to the structure and even then, they have poor dock padding protection for your boat. I dont do there much.

Now, the ramp I have been using has been in the process of adding a TON of slips and say they are going to be a full service marina with a store, gas dock etc....we will see. They are about 60% complete as of the end of last season.

Interesting, and fun topic.

Previous Boats:
1999 298 Vista "Seas The Day"
2008 H200SS "Nauti Luv"
2006 Tahoe Q4

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:33 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Best place I have ever eaten via water was a place called Herbert Fisheries. Located in Killarney, ON in the North Channel. We stopped there twice during out trip through the North Channel a few years back. Best thing is, they monitor a VHF radio and you can place your order, tell them your ETA and have someone standing on the dock with your order. No need to even leave your boat. Fish is never more than a few hours removed from the cold, clean waters of the Great Lakes. Yummy.

I will see if I can dig up a picture or two tonight.

Local - I can tell you more places NOT to go than to GO. Best place I have found to eat is show up at Capn Morgan's marina. He and his crew have something on the grill or in the smoker 24 hours a day. They know how to do it up right.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:44 pm 
230 Mike

No on-water places that I'd consider outstanding around here, but there's a place called Lambert's on the south side of Springfield, MO on the way to Branson & Table Rock. It's not the best food in the world either but it's a tradition to stop there & eat. During dinner, the wait can be as much as 3 hours.

Mike
2005 Four Winns 230/240
VP 5.7GXi/DP
1998 F-150 XLT
Boat Pic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:48 pm 
Villiage Idiot

Whoa, look.... a pic of 230Mike's boat... on the trailer no less... Sorry, couldn't help it!

At my home lake (Smithville) lunch is Jamaican-Jerk burgers at "Castaway's" every Sunday on the water. Service is slower than mollasas when it's busy. But, it gives everyone enough time to show up before heading out.

For LotO, it's "Fatties" at the 62 mm. Best damn sliders... but then again, anything you eat when drunk is the best damn ____, isn't it?

6.2L Bravo One turning a 21P HIFive
Wakeboard Tower with Perfect Pass Stargazer version
Missouri River; Kansas City, Mo.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:19 am 
Tadpole

Wonderful places to go after riding a boat. Thanks for the suggestions and photos. For me Henry's is the best boat restaurant.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:30 am 

We go to the Sand Bar on Pewaukee Lake, they have a few extra guest slips or you can phone in your order and have it brought out on the pier to your boat. We usually tie up and eat on the patio.

A plate of nachos makes a great afternoon snack, or the angus burgers on a pretzel bun are the perfect dinner to wrap up a day on the water.

For dessert, we cruise over to the other side of the lake and go to the Chocolate Factory for ice cream cones.

Current boat: 2011 Yamaha AR210
Previous boat: 1998 Horizon RX 4.3GL SX

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:13 am 
268 Vista

gideon wrote:
Wonderful places to go after riding a boat. Thanks for the suggestions and photos. For me Henry's is the best boat restaurant.

SPAM ALERT on aisle 6 !!! :evil: Do Not click on his sig link, anti virus software says the following:
Parked Domain. Sites in this category may pose a security threat to network resources or private information, and are blocked by your organization.

URL:
articlecycle.com/

Admin has been alerted

Current Boat: 2004 Chaparral 235 ssi cuddy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:22 am 

The Lake House Grill (for upscale culinary, but casual attire) and Giuseppe's (super culinary pizza, Itallian, and other full menu) on Lk Winnipesaukee in Meredith (NH). Both are just off the town docks and The lake House has docks right in front as well (it is also an upscale hotel, Church Landing). Giuseppe's is in a large old mill building with 3 levels and a bunch of shops. They have live music and Sunday is open mic night .... lots of excellent local folksy/rocky entertainment all night long. Sit & get lost in the music for hours .. or ... take a pizza out to the boat.

Meredith town docks:

2003 268 Vista ..................................................................Prior: 97 245 Sundowner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:49 pm 

One more... we didn't have our boat with when we went there, but those of you on the Michigan side of the lake certainly could. Old Boy's Brewhouse in Spring Lake, MI was one of our favorite places for dinner in Grand Haven.

Current boat: 2011 Yamaha AR210
Previous boat: 1998 Horizon RX 4.3GL SX

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:20 pm 

Hey 230 Mike,
I've had some throw'd rolls at Lamberts. It's probably been about 12 years ago, while on a business trip. Pretty good food for an Southerner living in the north.

Previous:97 245 Sundowner 5.7GI/SX

Tow vehicle: 1986 GMC 2500 Camper Special 454/TH400

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:29 pm 

I guess we're kind of spoiled here in the Annapolis area. Tons of places to go within about 30 miles of the marina...Baltimore Inner Harbor, Rock Creek, St. Michaels, Kent Narrows, Deale, South River, downtown Annapolis, and more. However, our absolute favorite so far is Thursday's on the West River in Galesville. Total local dive but we love it. The location is awesome, the beer is always cold, and the food is as good as you can expect....though the nachos rock! Easily the best nachos around. They have dock hands to assist on the weekends spring through fall and the hostess will come to your boat to get you if there is a wait for a table. Love it there.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:04 pm 

Walt wrote:
For LotO, it's "Fatties" at the 62 mm. Best damn sliders... but then again, anything you eat when drunk is the best damn ____, isn't it?

Wow, Walt. I'm wearing a Fattie's t-shirt as I read this. What's the odds? I too like Fattie's, but we generally eat at Red Fox @ 50MM when we're up in that part of the lake. Best margaritas, waffle fries & shuffleboard on the lake in my opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:19 pm 
230 Mike

For burgers, Danna's on Table Rock, both off the lake in Branson West and at State Park Marina.

Mike
2005 Four Winns 230/240
VP 5.7GXi/DP
1998 F-150 XLT
Boat Pic