www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:23 am 
Sting Ray

Ok, :roll: :shock: Im still trying to understand whats happening here ,maybe someone can help(god I hope so! lol) My understanding is ,the hanging locker has a removable panel which gain me access to the sump pump correct? the other removable panel located in front of the mid berth(on the floor) is the forward bilge pump correct? so if my sump pump(under the hanging locker) isnt working correctly that would explain water running into the forward bilge area? ok ,the thing is when I turn on the switch marked forward bilge I can definatly hear the pump in the hanging locker operating,the other pump in the forward bilge does nothing when the switch is flipped on,the forward bilge pump does work as I removed it today and turned it upside down to inspect it ,as soon as I did that the float dropped open and the pump motor started up,what am I missing here?? I also noticed with my kitchen faucet ,bathroon faucet or shower running water ends up in the forward bilge and then drains into the rear bilge,what should I do? my boat has holding tanks for grey and black water ,shouldnt the water be draining into the tank? cheers ,Mike

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:20 am 
email admin your custom rank

If you have a gray water setup then the sinks and shower should drain into the sump (the one by the locker) and then that water gets pumped into the gray water tank. If the pump in the sump doesnt work the water will just run out around the lid and go into the bilge.

Its not uncommon for the plastic sump box to crack at the fittings and it will just pump into the bilge as well, could be a bad hose from the sump to the gray water tank also.

Luckily I dont have the gray water tank and the sinks drain overboard and the shower sump just pumps water overboard as well.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:27 pm 
Sting Ray

Problem solved! thanks for the help ,turns out the sump pump had a float switch that was sticking,I cleaned it out thoroughy and the forward bilge at the same time ,now all is working perfectly! thanks ,again,Mike :D