www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What to do about dealer?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:08 am 
Minnow

Our brand new Vista 278's trailer had a seal go bad and lost all the oil on the floor in our storage shed about 6 months after we bought the boat in 2008. I called our dealer to see how they wanted to handle the Warranty work? The warranty dept. said since it was 175 miles back to the dealer it would be best to have the work done by a local mechanic and send the bill to them to have Four Winns cover it. After the work was done I waited for Four Winns to pay, but it took so long because of the sale of the company. I decided to pay my mechanic myself and deal with the warranty dept. myself. After a little over a year, and a lot of calls to the dealer we still did not recieve our money back. I went to our boat show here in Louisville, KY and was told by the dealers head mechanic and warranty man that Four Winns had paid the dealer and I would be receiving a check soon. :D We waited a few more weeks and nothing came so I called the dealer and talked to the owner. I was told that Four Winns had not sent any money and I would be paid when they did! After a few more weeks of being told the same thing I decided to call the warranty dept. at Four Winns to see what the hold up was and when I could expect a check? I was told that the dealer was credited for the money about a year before and there would be no money sent, the dealer received credit as payment for parts that he keeps in stock. I then went to the dealer and told him what Four Winns had said and asked for my money. He then proceeded to scream and yell that he would pay me the money but did not want to see me or my boat back at his business ever again. I would like to let Four Winns new owners know about this and was wondering if anyone knew how I could E-mail them

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:20 am 
Starfish

That is really a shame that you had to go through all of that. I've had a lot trouble with my truck and the dealership, but when it comes down to it I can't fault Dodge it was just the dealership that was screwing with me. It sounds pretty similar, I wouldn't blame FourWinns I would blame the dealership, they did there part and payed the dealer. What I did and still do is bad mouth the dealership, I tell anyone who will listen not to go to that Dodge dealership because in the end they will get screwed too. Just my two cents though.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:33 pm 
Minnow

I do tell as many as possible, but I would like to let Four Winns know how I was treated and find out what I should do in case I have another problem with the boat. I still have the remainder of a 5 year warranty! Plus I thought I might vent a little anger and warn any Four Winns owner around Louisville about them. He also stated that he was done with Four Winns once he sold the boats he has!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:57 pm 
email admin your custom rank

1-231-775-1343

Call them, tell them you need to speak to someone regarding issues with a particular dealer, not sure who they are going to direct you to though. Tell them whats going on and see what they say.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:58 pm 

PM sent.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:26 am 
268 Vista

They might want to update their website........

Quote:
Proudly serving the Louisville, KY area for over a decade!
Finding the right boat can be a challenge, but for most people selecting the right boat dealer is often times a more important decision than the brand of boat they select. A dealer that is customer focused and is equipped to take care of your every boating need long after the sale is invaluable.
•"I love my boat. I now consider my dealer my friends. I recommend both very highly" - Four Winns 248 Vista Owner

As B-Chick said, call FW, that is your best chance of getting some satisfaction, "spreading the word" about your bad experience probably won't do anything but allow you to blow off some steam, or maybe save Fire from buying a boat from them. :wink:

Current Boat: 2004 Chaparral 235 ssi cuddy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:36 pm 

Sorry about your problem!!

I would call Four Winns and let them know!!! Than I would make a big sign, stating what this dealer did. Than put it on my car & and drive up & down the street in front of his shop!!!!

Paul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:12 am 
Minnow

Just a follow up on the so called dealer that I used to have. Yesterday we went to the Louisville boat show and met with Skip Marsh, Four Winns rep for this area. They now have a new dealer to take care of the Four Winns family. Arnolds Boats and Motors is now the Four Winns dealer for the Louisville area :P Tony is the main man @ Arnolds and is a great person to deal with. I have dealt with Arnolds for quite some time now, about 20 years, and have been very satisfied with the way he treats his customers (even if we didn't own one of the boats that Arnolds sells) :D They are going to open a new dealership to sell the Four Winns family of boats, and I wish them the best of luck and hope to be apart of their success by telling everyone how great the people are at this dealership.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:37 pm 

OK. You got paid and now have a new dealer rep....you have to at least go by and ask the bad dealer if he got your chech cuz it wasn't the seals after all. Tell him you mailed it in a month ago it it has never cleared. Then mail him monopoly money. Oh and study up OSHA regulations cuz if he isn't proving proper eye and fall protection to his mechanics at the shop....OSHA will spend some time with him explaining while he is searching for his checkbook.

08' H210SS
VP 5.7Gi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:42 pm 

Went to the Louisville Boat Show today and was delighted to learn that Arnold's will now be a FW dealer. I, too, always had work done there, and have been happy with their professionalism and have confidence they know what they are doing. This, to me is so important. The mechanic I spoke with at the show was very helpful, giving me some recommendations on upholsterers and gel coat shops he thought were good. He also was knew some things about my model that most haven't known, such as the fact that my H250 is the same size as the current H260 (name changed, but little else after 2005 I understand). Just assuring to have some confidence that they are familiar with your boat.