www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:32 am 
Goldfish

So I bought my 2001 horizon 170 in October, got it from the dealer in February after getting the interior replaced and supposedly making it lake ready. Well I noticed a lot of missing hardware and a lot of interior pieces loose or poorly installed so I decided to take it to another shop for a pre trial inspection. Well the discovered a shot exhaust boot and bad impeller and went ahead and replaced all my missing hardware. So long story short I have had the boat out three times prior to yesterday and in the shop four times (mainly an overheating issue being tracked down) and I had her out yesterday with no problems! So excited! Also saw two other four winns on the lake which is fairly rare around here. Only thing I have left to do now is a prop change, the boat planes fine and reaches ideal rpm's and speed with only me in it, but likes to over rev as soon as I add another person, and since I normally have three to four people in the boat I think I'll prop up a couple degrees, and go with a stainless prop with more cupping in the blades to try to reach a happy medium between loaded and unloaded performance, sorry for the novel I'm just really excited

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:33 pm 
Goldfish

And I tried to take the wife out for the first time today, and it wouldn't start, anyone in the Oklahoma area going to want a boat in a week when I get this problem solved? Only partially kidding...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:21 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Sorry to hear stuff had gone wrong. Some people shouldn't own boats (speaking of he previous owner). Mine was the same way. Once she's right, you do regular maintainence, she'll serve you well!

Previous boats:
2003 Four Winns 248 Vista - sold
1994 Sunbird Corsair 200 - sold
1980 Checkmate Predictor - sold

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:09 pm 
Goldfish

taz42169 wrote:
Sorry to hear stuff had gone wrong. Some people shouldn't own boats (speaking of he previous owner). Mine was the same way. Once she's right, you do regular maintainence, she'll serve you well!

Yeah, like I said it had been run hot by the prior owner so I'm expecting some problems, but I'm going to try to squeak through this season and then in the off season go through all air, spark, and fuel motor components (basically as thorough of a tune up as I can) and then winterize and hope for good results next season...

I actually ran into someone who claims to be the previous owner of the boat a few months ago (said he just new it was his former boats by the custom numbers on it) and told me a story about almost swamping it at Texhoma at some point. but he vehemently denied ever running it hot...