www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 1:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:17 pm 
Seahorse

i bought a 180 horizon with all the upgraged that you can have this winter at the ottawa boat show from the biggest four winns dealer in the world,(and they are proud of it)boat warehouse located in kingston on the lake ontario.the boat was there for 2 week but i couldn't go get it cause the papers where not finish?i bought it 3 months before ,how long does it takes?after 2 weeks i flip i need the boat.2 weekend had passed and reach 90 degrees and sunny,i needed the boat.i called my sellsman and ask him when can i pick up the boat.he reply you need to make a appointment to pick it up,but he was to busy(alot of deliveries)so i told him i will be up first thing on a morning and we don't have to lake test it.and it will take 30 minutes.when i got there my boat stick out big time,because of its size (very small)compare of the other boats where there(sold units)very smart sellsman,deliver the big one first (bigger commision)and the small little ones after.that how i felt.we are about to leave and double checking everything on the dirty boat(muskitos all over it and dirty everywhere)i notice the board racks were missing and the trailler had no brakes and the sterring wheel had a crack in the chrome
part.the sellsman ask me if i took these options,ofcorse he check the contract and it was clear yes.i leave 3 hour away so i don't want to come back so he offered to bring me the trailler down in 2 weeks when he gets it.(nice of him)but shouldve check that before (pdi).
One month after and still waiting on a phone call.i decided too call and i left a message to see on the trailer and the other stuff.4 days after he call me back the trailler is in and the wheel since last week .now he can't come to bring it to me (too busy)peak season,he offer to meet half way. i said if i am going to drive half way i should go all the way.i get there and they swap the rims and tire of the trailler and exchange the streering but no racks again.(over 1 month)still havent receive them.i am pisst off!never again a boat from them .i love my four winns but theres many other dealer that may love when i upgraded i a few years.anybody that is having trouble with there dealers please post them here!!!!! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:21 pm 
Goldfish

Yup same dealer similar problems. Seems that the customer service they are supposed to be so renowned for just isnt' up to snuff. I don't think I'd buy another boat from The Boat Warehouse either.

We're pretty happy with our boat, dispite a few minor problems, but I have to tell you, for the amout you spend on dealer prep on a Vista, I expected the boat to be in much better condition. There was still fibreglass dust all over the place and the fit and finish in some areas isn't very good. The cabin door in particular is terrible, and it still hasn't been looked in to.

Steer clear and send your business elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:52 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Sorry to hear about your problems guys.

If you are planning on upgrading in the future and sticking with Four Winns, take a drive North to North Bay and visit Idylltyme Sports & Marine. Prices are competitive and the service is top notch. I must say that our experience was really positive. delivery was quick (within 2 weeks of the ice being off the lake) and the boat was polished and detailed superbly when I took it home.

For the record, I have no affiliation with the dealer, just a very pleased customer!

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:32 am 
Mental Floss

Please forward your complaints and experiences to Four Winns Customer Service. They will get the regional manager involved. There maybe little FW can do, but pressure from the top and bottom can't hurt the situation from what I hear.

We had a dealer down here who was awful. They dropped him and now the dealer that has taken over is very aggressive with sales, service and support. They are looking at all the area FW owners regardless of who they purchased their FW from as one of their customers.

'04 FW 288 Vista "Mental Floss"

Post subject: boat
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:20 pm 
Seahorse

i called four winns in michigan(customer service) they are working on getting my racks delivered to my door.according to them the order was dated on the 26 of may,24 days after picking up the boat.so that means the dealer forgot to order them. after a few weeks waiting when i called back to see if they received them they must of notice they forgot to order them and place the order.i still won't buy anything from them i am changing dealer.there one closer in montreal on the seaway.i will give them a try for maintnance and other stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:57 pm 
Tadpole

I can't believe what I'm hearing about The Boat Warehouse. Out of all the dealers I have dealt with over the years, The Boat Warehouse has to be the best by far! They treated me like I bought a $250 000 boat; when I only bought a $25 000 HORIZON 190. Not to many places that sell as many boats as they do, would recognize you and know you by name down at the lake, let alone it being the owner himself. I even met one of the mechanics at the ramp and had no problem answering all my questions' even though it's on a holiday, he seemed to even enjoy talking to me. And I can be a real pain in the ...! Sorry you seem to have had bad luck with them but I know my next boat will be from The Boat Warehouse, and would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:30 am 
Guppy

I agree with the original poster in that after sales service will either have you coming back or stop you completely. I've had a bad experience with my dealer in the UK.

I love the boat and had a blast of a time this last weekend in it. However I would chose a different make in the future based on dealer experience alone.

Personally I would have thought that dealers have a vested interest in repeat business but that just does not seem the case or they believe you have no choice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:07 am 
Guppy

I am now on my 3rd boat from The boat Warehouse. I originally bought a 2002 180 Horizon traded up too a 200 Horizon a year later.. This summer I traded my 200 in on a 224 Funship that I absolutely love. The service has been awesome, last summer I was having engine problems and they sent a technician 45 mins to come fix my problem and get me back on the lake that day....

I have nothing but the highest respect for the Team at The Boat Warehouse and you can't beat there prices since they are the Worlds Largest Four Winns Dealer...