www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:29 am 

New GPS: Lowrance iWay 600C

The iWAY 600C is the first to offer both precision street-ready and marine-ready navigation... including a wealth of road mapping, plus charting for inland and coastal waters with depth contours...in one complete waterproof package. It's loaded with features including: a larger 5" , highest-resolution color touch-screen display, 30GB hard drive, built-in stereo MP3 player and full-spectrum FM transmitter; the iWay lists for $799.

For the absolute best in location accuracy, the built-in receiver/antenna of the iWAY 600c tracks both 12-parallel channel GPS and WAAS signals, with position updates every second. A large, 5” diagonal, higher-resolution (640H x 480V pixel), 16-bit color TFT touch-screen display renders exquisite mapping detail and superb readability even in bright sunlight. Fully-adjustable cold-cathode screen backlighting offers crisp viewing to match ambient light conditions and viewing preference. Navigation and music can be configured with a few simple touches of the sensitive, yet rugged touch screen. Operation is further simplified with only 5 primary function access keys featuring high-tech, blue LED lighting.

At the heart of the iWAY 600c is a rugged 30GB internal hard drive, loaded with a wealth of mapping and charting. For the road is the extremely detailed and highly accurate NAVTEQ® turn-by-turn database for the continental U.S. and Canada, which includes over 5.5 million points-of-interest to easily find fuel, lodging, dining, as well as intersections, addresses and other searchable locations. For boating, the iWAY 600c features superb MapCreate™ shoreline detail with over 3,000 Enhanced U.S. Lake Maps with depth contours for inland waters, plus high-detail NauticPath™ charts for the Great Lakes and coastal U.S. waters with depth contours, navaids, port services, tide/current data, and more.

Adding stereo music to mapping for the longest road trips or voyages, there is 5GB of free hard drive space to store audio files in both MP3 and Ogg Vorbis formats for replay. For downloading music (as well as software upgrades and mapping updates), the unit connects to a computer via the USB port and cable provided, and is compatible with PC Windows® XP, ME and 2000, or Macintosh OS X. In music mode, the system delivers a complete suite of touch-screen button and slider controls, along with a frequency spectrum analyzer display. For sound output, the built-in, fullspectrum FM modulator wirelessly steams music through an open FM radio channel. When playing audio while on the road to a destination, the iWAY 600c will automatically mute the music momentarily to give audible directional commands.

In turn-by-turn mode, the iWAY 600c is an easy-to-use in-vehicle GPS navigation system, showing the motorist the way to any destination across town, or across the country with 2-D and 3-D mapping view choices. Once the destination is selected, the system automatically displays the best route in a colorful pathway, and provides turn-by-turn directions with visual and voice prompts. If a turn is missed, it automatically replots the route to quickly get the motorist back on course.

In marine mode, the iWAY 600c switches to traditional straight-line navigation with up to 100 savable and retraceable plot trails in a choice of colors. Along with special marine graphic icons to mark favorite spots on the water, boaters can enter and save waypoint lat-lons as with most Lowrance marine chartplotters. Featuring added value for its $799.00 suggested USA retail price, the iWAY 600c comes complete with a full complement of accessories. Along with unit power and PC cables, included are a suction cup mounting bracket for windshield applications; 110 vAC to 12 vDC power converter for in-home use (such as transferring music files); soft protective cover; and touch-screen cleaning cloth. An optional Marine Mounting Kit, with special bracket and hardware for boat-mounting the iWAY 600c, is available with a suggested retail price of $34.95.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:16 am 
ShanMan

All that for a list of $800?!

Sign me up, I'll test one of these. :D

http://vista278.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:01 pm 
268 Vista

Nice stuff. I wonder if some of the connections are the same as my Lowrance LMS-160 GPS ?

Current Boat: 2004 Chaparral 235 ssi cuddy

Post subject: Lowrance H20c Plus
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:27 am 
Clownfish

and I just bought an H20 plus. I would be willing to sell this for $325. Anybody interested? Make me an offer!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:54 am 
AGE < LOA

In for the group buy!

Post subject: Lowrance Iway 600c
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:37 am 
Clownfish

After waiting since October for the Lowrance 600c I was somewhat disappointed. It seems to be designed mainly for road/highway navigation with the waterways included. IT IS NOT A CHARTPLOTTER! The waterways show marinas and points of interest but no soundings or wrecks. It is very heavy 5-6lbs. I wanted a GPS that had more marine detail so I returned it. I bought the Garmin GPSMAP 478. This has it all with the Bluechart coastal waters charts. It is lightweight, waterproof and rechargable with a 15hr life on the charge. It also comes with the ac/dc charger. Works great in the car and on the water. With expensive accessories and XM subsciption you can add detailed real time weather, XM sat. radio, sonar and fishfinder. If you boat mostly on Lakes you can get the GPSMAP 378 which has detailed lake info for all US inland lakes or you can get the 478 and add the lake card and have both. The Lake card is cheaper than the the other. Although I am still learning it, I am very pleased with the Garmin GPSMAP 478.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:55 am 
Seahorse

I also have the iway 600c that I use in my car and would not consider it as a replacement for a plotter with local maps installed.

On my Horizon 230 I have a Navman Tracker 5500 with a C-Map NT+ cartridge for the only lake that I use where I can really use that level of detail (NH's Lake Winnipesaukee).

I haven't had the 230 out after dark yet, but I have an older Lowrance GPS with C-Map cartridge for Winni on another boat and that level of detail is REALLY helpful when navigating in the dark!