www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:43 pm 
wkearney99

Paul I. wrote:
I have already bought the unit

I still ask the question, what do you think you're going to get out of it?

It will not assist you in calculating a useful MPG figure. Just because you've spent money on it doesn't mean you have to torment yourself further trying to "make" it work. Trust me on this, I've got no shortage of gizmos that ended up in a bin after far too much effort went into trying to make them work.

I post here on this thread because I think you're an idiot, I post so you won't end up making many of the same mistakes I've made over the years.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:42 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Hi

Like I said Bill, "your right"!!!!!!! But I have it, so I thought I would use it. MORE SO, I did not think getting the right info would be so hard!!

BUT, I am going to try it and I will see what happens.

Paul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:49 pm 
268 Vista

Hi

Current Boat: 2004 Chaparral 235 ssi cuddy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:40 pm 
wkearney99

Paul I. wrote:
Like I said Bill, "your right"!!!!!!! But I have it, so I thought I would use it. MORE SO, I did not think getting the right info would be so hard!!

Hey, no worries. We all make mistakes. I wasn't clear as to whether there was really something else I was missing. I get it now.

I've considered putting a tank monitor on for my fresh water and waste tanks. I already have a monitor for them mounted near the sink in the head. And that's already a replacement for the crappy Xintex unit. I don't really 'need' to have a networked tank monitor. But if I have to replace the sensors again I'll definitely look at getting the external foil sensor kind, and integrate it with the rest of the network. THAT would give me a reason to get the GMI-10 (or similar) display. Provided it was capable of recognizing the sensor. Some displays are more versatile in displaying more network data. Each type of sensor can send it's own network packets. Gas, diesel, oil, black, gray and fresh water, etc. As I recall, not all gauges would show the different types.

In all honesty the effort to integrate only the tank level sensor doesn't get you very far. At this point you really should bite the bullet and add the in-line fuel sensors too. At least then you'll have enough information for the fuel management features of the display (assuming it has some) to give you decent calculated values. Besides, those of us with too many gizmos need company!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:56 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Hi

This was no mistake. Garmin states you (with theres) can!!! Lowrance, you have to dig for the info in there manual and tech support flip flops if you can or not. I just wanted the info to be on the display too!!! For $68.00, why not and the fuel level is being displayed too, along with your KPG/MPG. The one page shows both.

OH WELL, ths spring it goes in, will keep you posted to see if it works!!!

Paul