www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:55 pm 
Sting Ray

Where are the results???[/quote]

Sorry, I forgot and left those that were interested hanging. The Garmin and the Lake maps worked great! If you weren't in a hurry and could load a route before hand on a zoomed in scale, it would take you right were you wanted to go. If you just wanted to cruise around slowly and use it for situational awareness of upcoming shallow areas it was great too. If you are speeding around in unfamiliar territory the zoom had to be just right or it might not show the depth gradiants. I used it running the river end of Wilson Lake here in Kansas at 45mph and it was Awesome!

The only problem that I had was I kept blowing the 1 amp fuse in the 12volt power supply and the battery life was only good for about three hours. It sucked when we were going back to our ramp at 10pm and the battery died. The Grand Glaize arm of LOTO is not developed as much as the main arm of the lake and the landmarks at night are sparse. I had use googlemaps on my Blackberry to help get us back and went ssssssslllllllllloooooooooowwwwwwwww.

I replaced the fuse when we got back and the power supply worked great in the truck. I tried it again in the boat and the fuse blew again. I am not sure if there is too much amperage from the fuse block or if the unit draws too much from the boat when it is plugged in. The fuses are not stocked at the local auto parts store, but Radio Shack stocks them. I bought two more 12v receptacles and will install them this winter. I will try to plug it in and see if I go through fuses still. Hope this helps you make a decision......

2008 Chevy Silverado 4x4
2010 Tahoe LT 4x4

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:14 pm 
Villiage Idiot

Tanker Toad wrote:
The only problem that I had was I kept blowing the 1 amp fuse in the 12volt power supply and the battery life was only good for about three hours.......

I had the same prob on my boat originally. I checked it out and found the outlet wire backwards. Make sure to check the polarity. If it's ok in the car and not boat, I would be willing to bet they wired you up wrong.

6.2L Bravo One turning a 21P HIFive
Wakeboard Tower with Perfect Pass Stargazer version
Missouri River; Kansas City, Mo.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:03 am 
Sting Ray

Thanks Walt!!!

2008 Chevy Silverado 4x4
2010 Tahoe LT 4x4