www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:09 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Ive searched the site and am glad to see Im not alone!!

My 91 Sundowner has an in-dash Lowrance 3200 Depthfinder. Its been acting up big time, just started last month. Wont read in shallow (when I need it most!) it will just blink the last depth then it will say the water is 700+ deep (the water in lake st clair at the most is 80 feet in the channels). Im thinking the transducer went bad. The transducer is in the bilge - however, Im not sure if its thru-hull or in-hull. The boat is in the water, and its not easy for me to haul out. I dont have a trailer, so I have to borrow one whenever I need to haul out.

There is a threaded lock ring around the transducer, where it meets the bilge floor. Im afraid to loosen it just in case it is a thru-hull, I do not want to breach the seal. Does anybody know if in 1991 four winns placed the transducer thru hull, or epoxied it in place?

379 hours as of 8/8/21

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:12 pm 

You likely have a thru-hull transducer. Our '97 model was through hull as is the '03. If you can go for a swim, around the boat, just look for the transducer under the hull. If it's through-hull, you'll see it.

2003 268 Vista ..................................................................Prior: 97 245 Sundowner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:21 pm 

M3eater wrote:
You likely have a thru-hull transducer. Our '97 model was through hull as is the '03. If you can go for a swim, around the boat, just look for the transducer under the hull. If it's through-hull, you'll see it.

Crap. I asked a friend to swim under there last Friday to clean it off, but he said he never found one and the bottom was already clean. I bet its just hard to see.

I think it might just be easier to buy the Garmin transducer ($60) that will connect right up to my Garmin 178c chartplotter, and mount it by epoxying it in the bilge.

379 hours as of 8/8/21