www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:16 pm 
Dolphin

Does anyone have pictures of a properly working fish finder gps unit on a stepped hull I/O. Mine is a 2000 Horizon 190 and the step is pretty large, the step is quite deep and the speedo wheel is mounted behind the outdrive on the starboard side. I purchased a humminbird 1157c with side scan and definately want to transom mount if it is fiesable...A picture is worth a thousand words.

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:03 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Go to the makers web site and download the mounting instructions. Garmin's web site is good for that.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:19 pm 
Guppy

I will try to get pics of my H180SS. I mounted a Lowrance Elite 5 FF GPS on it this spring, it will be out of the water in a couple weeks. Transom is similar I think. \i stayed as far right as I could and the transducer is level with bottom as they suggested

Honey Harbour, ON

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:03 pm 
Dolphin

Thanks, for the reply...I went ahead and mounted it last friday. I mounted the transducer according to the instructions (aside from the location) which I mounted right beside the pin wheel for the speedo on the r/h side of the drive. The unit performed flawlessly providing all information as advertised. The unit even warnd me of a rock pile I was about to troll over on a lake I had never ventured out to before. The GPS module was mounted on the bow between the cup holder and the front winshield. Further the Hummingbird units depth readings were essentially identical to the boats through hull transducer/in dash gauge, giving reassurance to the accuracy of both readings...oh yeah, everyone on the boat caught fish!