www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Best TV antenna
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:22 am 
Dolphin

Looking to install a TV antenna for an HD TV on the radar arch next season. Any suggestions on what brand and model works best, especially in northern Michigan? Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Best TV antenna
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:55 pm 
Dolphin

I went through this last winter and did the install this spring. I boat mostly on Long Island NY which makes it about 50 miles from any known t-v stations, weather this means anything or not. We usually set destinations for a day or two over night stays at marinas, however I did check and the tv works underway. To optomize the amount of stations we do a "channel auto search" before using the set at different locations. It only takes a minute and can be done with the remote. At an average I recieve at least two local HD stations and a minimum of six to eight free for tv (fftv) stations, which I never knew existed. To be quite honest I was very pleased with the whole set up. Here is what I wound up using:
a. T-V-Through Amazon .com ProScan 22" tv-dvd combo pledv2213-f $160.00. This tv is 12 volt with an 110 adoptor for house hold use. I found it by mistake ordering a new tv for my house bedroom. Wound up buying two.
b. Antenna-Through Defender Marine-Majestic UFO-X 30db. Check it out in the Masestic website, good quality.

I have a 2015 V275 which came with cockpit and cabin tv locations which made it easier since I already had pre wiring. The tv that came with the boat was only 19" and also lcd which s----. Your best be for power supply is a cigarette lighter adoptor and receptical from West Marine. don't forget to fuse it and use proper marine wire and
shrink connectors. Good Luck,I hope this helps.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:12 am 
Shark

I can't get crap with my shakesphere tv antenna. I bought a boat that came with one. I just replaced TV with a samsung 24" smart TV and docked in Bay City, MI I can not get WNEM TV5. I believe that antenna is supposed to be powered. I am not sure if I have the 15" or 19". I don't see any power cords for it. It is mounted on top of my radar arch. I may buy a new one. I would think reception would be good there. IDK.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:46 am 
Shark

I purchased the Shakespeare 3004 SeaWatch. It is a 30db amplifier design that fit great on the arch.
It does have a powered amplifier. I wired the amp into the same power as the TV circuit and mounted right next to the TV on my 278.
Works fine in most locations around here. I have had a few times where it was like I was in a hole or something but otherwise no issues.
I used the plastic mount that came with the antenna.
You can find them for around $50.00 online if you look.