www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 2:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: tower anchor light
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:12 am 
Starfish

I installed the stock wakeboard tower last spring onto my boat. So I have seen plenty of boats since with towers that have there anchor light as part of there ski tow on top. Anyone know who makes the fourwinns tower or where to get one of these. For you guys that got the tower installed from the factory, did it have that on there or do you still have the stern light pole? I have search around the net but can’t seem to find just the light.

Thanks,
Dave

Post subject: Re: tower anchor light
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:11 am 
email admin your custom rank

'08 H210, Factory Tower, No Tower Light - Stern Pole Light. If you find something though keep us in mind. I am interested. Seems to me the WB hook on the top has an aluminum cover that is just bolted on - so the nylon rope wheel can be installed or replaced. Seems like it should be do-able to find a light that has a top loading bolt in the center to secure. At the least a stainless or aluminum plate could be made to mount the light to . . . as long as it is not to big to get the rope eye over :?:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:20 pm 
GIDDY UP

Stock towers are from XTP. sold through monstertower.com

Those are some GREAT folks. Call them first.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:25 pm 

Excellent inside pointer, Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:37 pm 
Starfish

XTP made master craft too and there is a dealer right up the road from me. They say that they have them in stock so for around 30 bucks. I am going to swing by there in the morning and see if it looks like it will match up.

Thanks for the help, I’ll keep you posted.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:40 pm 
GIDDY UP

Here's the link $35:
http://shop.monstertower.com/p-94-monster-tower-navigation-light.aspx

This is a great addition for us non-law abiding citizens. The stock anchor light is too tall and the rope hits it while towing a boarder.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:18 am 
Starfish

I found this one too but it's a little pricey, $129

I was hoping for a all in one ski tow light just because I like the way it looks but I don't know if it's goig to be worth the hassle. I talked to a guy at XPT and he said that the towers with the lights built in have a different base welded on the tower so it wouldn't just bolt on to our current set up. I found just the plastic light dome and I can machine a piece to get it mounted on but since we have the bolt in the middle there is no where to run the wires. So I don't think it's going to work. I'm going to stew on it for a bit.

Thanks for the help,
Dave

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:47 pm 

Has anyone mounted this monster tower anchor light on a horizon? I was wondering if having this installed causes issues with the bimini boot covering?

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 8:25 pm 

skidaddytn wrote:
Has anyone mounted this monster tower anchor light on a horizon? I was wondering if having this installed causes issues with the bimini boot covering?

I bought one, but couldn't find a good way to mount it that wouldn't interfere with the bimini and boot. I also looked at another light that was made for a pontoon bimini (had both vertical & horizontal mounting options). I was going to mount this to the side of the tower frame so it would be outside the bimini/boot. I couldn't get anything to work where I could fold the light down when not in use. Most locations would interfere with the wakeboard racks preventing the light from folding down. I think that was probably the best option if I would have played with it more. I haven't given up, but I went ahead and bought a battery operated LED anchor light with a c-clamp attachment ($30 from Overton's) to use in the meantime.

Brent, from your tag picture, I see you have a bimini as well. Can you shed some light on how you mounted the Monster Tower light?

Finally, I've been checking Iowa, Illinois & Missouri laws on the subject of anchor light mounting. I cannot find anything specifically that says you cannot use the factory stern light with a wake tower or that an all around light must be mounted above a wake tower. Can anybody shed some light on this subject?

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 11:19 am 
Sting Ray

JDW250 wrote:
skidaddytn wrote:

I bought one, but couldn't find a good way to mount it that wouldn't interfere with the bimini and boot. I also looked at another light that was made for a pontoon bimini (had both vertical & horizontal mounting options). I was going to mount this to the side of the tower frame so it would be outside the bimini/boot. I couldn't get anything to work where I could fold the light down when not in use. Most locations would interfere with the wakeboard racks preventing the light from folding down. I think that was probably the best option if I would have played with it more. I haven't given up, but I went ahead and bought a battery operated LED anchor light with a c-clamp attachment ($30 from Overton's) to use in the meantime.

Brent, from your tag picture, I see you have a bimini as well. Can you shed some light on how you mounted the Monster Tower light?

Finally, I've been checking Iowa, Illinois & Missouri laws on the subject of anchor light mounting. I cannot find anything specifically that says you cannot use the factory stern light with a wake tower or that an all around light must be mounted above a wake tower. Can anybody shed some light on this subject?

Bored at work on a Sunday after the Rapture, am I in Hell?

Missouri Boating Statutes
http://www.boat-ed.com/mo/handbook/lights.htm

"If less than 40 feet long, these vessels must exhibit the lights as shown in illustration 1. Remember, motorboats include sailboats operating under power. The required lights are:"

"Red and green sidelights visible from a distance of at least one mile away on a dark, clear night.
An all-round white light or both a masthead light and a sternlight. These lights must be visible from a distance of at least two miles away on a dark, clear night. The all-round white light (or the masthead light and sternlight) must be visible from all directions in a 360° circle. The masthead light and sternlight may be combined as an all-round white light on vessels less than 39.4 feet long. "

Kansas Boating Statutes
http://www.kdwp.state.ks.us/news/conten ... %202010-11

Class A. Less than l6 feet in length.
Class l. Sixteen feet or over and less than
26 feet in length.

Every motorboat of classes A and l
shall carry the following lights: First.
An all-round light carried aft and
high enough to be unobstructed
Second. Sidelights in the fore part of
the vessel and lower than the allround
light.

2008 Chevy Silverado 4x4
2010 Tahoe LT 4x4

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:28 pm 
Seahorse

my 2007 had the tower anchor light. lost the light cover in 2009. advise to place a dab of clear silicone in the theads to secure the plastic cover.