www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 9:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:28 pm 
email admin your custom rank

The remote has the same six button functionality as the controller (power, mode, brightness up & down and speed up & down). With the Freedom RBG controller, you cannot just toggle between two modes. They didn't have any controllers with this type of functionality when I bought my setup. To go from red to white, I have to hit the mode button 6 times. To go back to red, I have to hit the mode button another 4 times. For me, another selling point for the Freedom RBG controller in that it only has 11 modes. Like you, I didn't want a lot of extras and other controllers had many more modes you would have to go through to get the few you wanted. I sure wish I could toggle just between two modes, but I thought it was a fair trade-off for the lesser cost and easier installation.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:51 pm 

I was wondering if the older model SS's are set up like my 2011 SS? I have blue courtesy light thru out the cockpit and bow are activate via one of the aux switches. If you guys do have these, what do they look like at night cool, not cool?

Thanks
Jim

Prior Boat
1999 Bayliner 1950 CL

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:52 pm 
Tadpole

Diodes used for DC power supply, and LED lamps also have internal circuitry to normal AC voltage. The LEDs are damaged by running at a higher temperature, so the LED lights are generally the elements of thermal management, such as heat sinks and cooling fins. LED lamps offer long life and high energy efficiency, but the initial costs are higher than the fluorescent tubes.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:53 am 
Seahorse

I have a question for you guys that have done the LED project. I'm planning my project this spring on a H220. What I need to know is when you put lights in the storage areas such as white do you get any light bleed at night? I'm going with the blue LEDs but would like some white in the back storage and under the bow seats to allow easier seeing at night. Yet I don't want any white peaking through. I could use blue in those areas also but since the lumens is much less I would need longer strips. Any ideas?
Also have you put any LEDs in the engine area?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:21 pm 
Villiage Idiot

GreenAnchor wrote:
I have a question for you guys that have done the LED project. I'm planning my project this spring on a H220. What I need to know is when you put lights in the storage areas such as white do you get any light bleed at night? I'm going with the blue LEDs but would like some white in the back storage and under the bow seats to allow easier seeing at night. Yet I don't want any white peaking through. I could use blue in those areas also but since the lumens is much less I would need longer strips. Any ideas?
Also have you put any LEDs in the engine area?

Check "Walt's Mod's"... I have a thing in there about a small switch on the engine compartment hatch.... just like in a fridge.. for what you describe. It's simple, cheap, and easy.... Perhaps the only thing involved in a boat that is!

6.2L Bravo One turning a 21P HIFive
Wakeboard Tower with Perfect Pass Stargazer version
Missouri River; Kansas City, Mo.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:17 pm 

For my engine compartment lights, I wired them up to my courtesy light circuit. I have to manually turn on my courtesy lights to get my engine lights to come on, but that works for me. You could potentially do the same for your storage areas. Then, put the blue lights on a separate circuit, such as on an accessory switch. That way you would be able to control white vs. blue separately. The good news is with a little research and planning, the options are limitless.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:58 am 

I did put lights in the engine compartment, as well as other compartments. There can be light bleed in some areas, like through the storage compartment door. It's some kind of plastic, and it is lightly illuminated. It doesn't bother me, since it allows you to easily see where the door is.

Anyway, if you get the remote from Oznium, it actually has two zones. They are controlled together, meaning when power is on to one area, it's on to both. But, you could use this with a switch for certain areas. So, send power out of one zone to a switch on your dash. When lights are on but switch is off, compartments and engine have no light. Compartment lights on with switch, but only if other lights are on too.

Just a thought.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8