www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 6:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:10 am 
email admin your custom rank

Geebes 383 wrote:
Thanks for the help everyone! This might sound like a dumb question but how do I wire it to the Perko switch? The pump has a postive and negative cable, so which terminals would I connect them to in order to make it run off both batteries (which ever one is selected). Hopefully I will be getting around to doing this job within the next week or so!

When you say pump, I think of my bilge pump. I hope that is what you mean.

Personal, I would NOT wire it to your switch, but thats me. By wiring it to the switch means that it could be turned off. I would use a in-line fuse/breaker and wire it directly off a battery. I am thinking that this a extra pump that you are adding. If so, I would connect it to the one that is NOT connected to the stock pump that come with the boat. This way both pumps are not running off the same battery.

What we don't want to happen is, we turn the battery switch to off, the boat is still in the water. Were at the slip, mooring, any reason. Now, if the boat takes on any water, the pumps will work.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:36 pm 
Seahorse

Paul I. wrote:
Geebes 383 wrote:
Thanks for the help everyone! This might sound like a dumb question but how do I wire it to the Perko switch? The pump has a postive and negative cable, so which terminals would I connect them to in order to make it run off both batteries (which ever one is selected). Hopefully I will be getting around to doing this job within the next week or so!

Personal, I would NOT wire it to your switch, but thats me. By wiring it to the switch means that it could be turned off. I would use a in-line fuse/breaker and wire it directly off a battery. I am thinking that this a extra pump that you are adding. If so, I would connect it to the one that is NOT connected to the stock pump that come with the boat. This way both pumps are not running off the same battery.

What we don't want to happen is, we turn the battery switch to off, the boat is still in the water. Were at the slip, mooring, any reason. Now, if the boat takes on any water, the pumps will work.

The pump that I am talking about is the Trim Pump.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:01 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Geebes 383 wrote:
Paul I. wrote:
Geebes 383 wrote:

The pump that I am talking about is the Trim Pump.

OH!!