www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 5:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:02 am 
Guppy

Interesting situation. I was out trolling the other night and was using the VHF radio. All of a sudden it started to crackle and break up. Then all electrical power on the boat went out. Turns out the ShipSys breaker blew.

I had been accidentally running on the Emergency Start battery setting instead of ON that I typcially run on. I don't know if that is a contibuting factor or not, but include it for completeness.

When I reset the ShipSys breaker, everything was working as normal except the AMP which is showing an amber OFFSET indicator light that the manufacturer says is likely caused by a ground loop.

I did have one 20A Accesory fuse blown when I checked the panel, but I have not yet figured out what that goes with as everythiing I have tested so far is working.

My first inclination is to confirm that the ground connection for the amp is good, and if so call in a pro to diagnose any other issues.

Looking at the wiring diagram, the AMP return goes into the P/J13 Stereo Bus (position 1) and then to the TB01 DC Return Bus (position 10) at the helm. Presumably this return goes to either the battery or the engine block. I am going to try and locate those two buses and maker sure the connections are good.

Any other thoughts as to what else might be wrong?

Thanks,

Dave

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:09 am 
email admin your custom rank

Have you fixed the problem? If not I chimed you in to see if someone else can help you out good luck.