www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:54 am 
email admin your custom rank

Put in a pair of Lumitec Seablaze 3 LED lights. First time out at night and I am very happy with they way they lit things up. Had a few people ask about them while on the water. Orange glow in right hand of picture is reflection of fireworks last night.

By mark_t_fourwinns at 2012-07-05

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:55 am 
Starfish

That looks awesome. :!: Nice

5.8 EFI 58FAPHUE

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:00 am 
Shark

Those look sweet! That might have to be my first mod.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:43 pm 

They look great!! I will install some of those when I get comfortable enough to take my boat out at night. More pictures if you have any would be great!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:23 am 

Will get into the water behind the boat and take some more. I was terrified to leave the boat on the 4th. A couple hundred boats were all anchored closely watching fireworks. Was afraid I'd get run over.

Will say this, our boat was one of the most visible in the water, so I may not have been able to see the other boats, but they could see us, so a safety feature I did not thinkg about when installing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:49 am 

Didn't think of the safety aspect either but it makes sense! I wouldn't blame you being scared to get in the water, can you imagine the amount of drunks on the water on the 4th. The closest my boat came to water on the 4th was my water hose, people in Miami are crazy enough driving and boating on regular days add a holiday three day weekend and it's total insanity! The next day I heard all the horror stories from my friends that went out. From drunk people rafting up to other boats and stealing beer for fun to people running over anchor lines, fights between drunks at the sandbar which is becoming a regular problem lately in Miami. I avoid the whole mess and go out during the week when the idiots are not out.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:54 am 
Tadpole

The second led ceiling lighting consideration is head placement vs. reflector. A Whelen Vertex flexible led strip mounted along the bottom edge of a housing is likely to look terrible. Mounting it where it shines into the reflector, thus illuminating the entire best led light bulbs housing rather than just a spot, looks much better.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:45 pm 
Starfish

Did you use rope lighting mounted to the underside of the platform? Or underwater lights?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:33 am 

saltlife wrote:
Did you use rope lighting mounted to the underside of the platform? Or underwater lights?

He installed these:http://www.lumiteclighting.com/products/recreational-marine/underwater-lights/seablaze/seablaze3
They are a underwater surface mount lights that only requires a small hole thru the transom for the wire to go thru.

FWIW: I think these lights are constructed very well, but we just finished our 3rd year with them installed and my right side light has water in it and is failing. I was planning on contacting them today to see if there is any warranty, so I already had these pics up in case they wanted to see install

1979 AMF Alcort Puffer
Previous:
2003 FW190 Horizon
1973 Startcraft 18ft "Sea Pickle"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:32 am 

Bliss36,

Does your boat get trailered or does it stay in the water for the season or your round? Ive been installing the Seablaze lights for a few years now and have not had any issue, so im curious about your situation and how the boat is used. So far, all of my SeaBlaze customers either trailer of have a lift.

Thanks,

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:46 am 

Looks nice!!

From the pic, your boat is bottom painted. How have you stopped the growth? My boat is in all season, so for me this would be a problem!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:38 am 

Wylie_Tunes wrote:
Bliss36,

Does your boat get trailered or does it stay in the water for the season or your round? Ive been installing the Seablaze lights for a few years now and have not had any issue, so im curious about your situation and how the boat is used. So far, all of my SeaBlaze customers either trailer of have a lift.

Thanks,

We do keep our boat in the water all season, and trailer to different lakes a couple times a year. I called Lumitec yesterday and they were extremely nice. They said to email them pics of the light with water in it and they would handle it from there! I'm going to the boat today to take the pics, so I will post them here also.

1979 AMF Alcort Puffer
Previous:
2003 FW190 Horizon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:34 pm 

Here are some pics of the water intrusion
Only half of the led's are working, the other leds just randomly flicker.

I sent the customer service rep. at Lumitec these pictures, and within minutes I had a response email asking for my address to ship the replacement light too :shock: Talk about excellent customer service!!

1979 AMF Alcort Puffer
Previous:
2003 FW190 Horizon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:55 pm 

I see a lot of corrosion on the trim ring. Is that trim ring boned/grounded?? The reason I ask is because your bottom paint is ether up to it or under it. They could be dissimilar metals. Like the out drive, you don't paint right up to it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:42 pm 

Paul I. wrote:
I see a lot of corrosion on the trim ring. Is that trim ring boned/grounded?? The reason I ask is because your bottom paint is ether up to it or under it. They could be dissimilar metals. Like the out drive, you don't paint right up to it.

The area under it doesn't have bottom paint and the entire light puck is on a bed of 3M 4200. The black spots you see on the 4200 are some sort of stains that come off with scrubbing. I had already scrubbed off the bottom growth, and the cleaner turns my bottom paint that nasty green color. I do agree that the trims rings seem to have some corrosion on them that wasn't there last year. When I pick at it with my finger nail it just turns to dust and falls off. I will test the new one when I get it to see if the ring is grounded since it's a self contained unit.

1979 AMF Alcort Puffer
Previous:
2003 FW190 Horizon