www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:06 pm 
Dolphin

I want to purchase an adjustable seat for my 2005 Horizon 210 (one that raises and lowers). I currently have a Garelick EEz-In fixed seat height pedestal but find myself always sitting on a cushion on top of the raised bolster which isn't very comfortable. Does anyone know how the seats are installed to the deck from the factory? I don't have access to the area below my pedestal. If I remove the pedestal screws, am I going to have a bunch of toggles rattling around under the deck or (hopefully but unlikely), are there mounting holes installed in the deck itself? I need to call Garelick to see if I can purchase just the adjustable mount so that my existing seat (with swivel and slide) can just pop onto it. Any help would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:08 pm 
Dolphin

Nobody knows how the pedestal seats are anchored to the deck from the factory? Anyone? Can anyone who has installed a new pedestal seat chime in? Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:24 pm 
email admin your custom rank

I plan on replacing my drivers seat with a leaning post as I am tired of kneeling on the current one when I drive, so I too am interested in how they are attached. At $200.00 tho, it might be a bit before I purchase one.

However, I will be removing the passenger side seat for an upcoming event (tomorrow) in order to fit a couple of large coolers onboard. I will post here tonight the results. Hopefully I won't hear the sound of a fastener falling into the hull as I remove the first screw :?

Tow Veh: 2012 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:30 pm 
Dolphin

NiagaraChillin wrote:
Hopefully I won't hear the sound of a fastener falling into the hull as I remove the first screw :?

I'm hoping the same thing.....

Thanks, I'll look for your results. Good luck.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:22 am 

If the pedestal attachment method is like those on my 1999 and 2004 Sundowners, they are screwed directlty to the floor with big self tapping screws. No inserts.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:28 am 

Good news 90Tiger, no fasteners on the back. Sorry for the late posting on this, but the rum caught up to me last night :cry: and I didn't remove my seat til this morning...

Tow Veh: 2012 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:53 pm 
Dolphin

Thanks for the replies. Installed my new adjustable pedestal today. Thankfully, I didn't hear any fasteners falling to the bottom of the hull when I removed the old (fixed height) pedestal. The existing pedestal was attached to the deck with large screws. I think I'm really going to like the higher seating position(s) available with the adjustable pedestal. I went with the Garelick 75635 since I already had a Garelick swivel/slide seat mount on my seat so I just had to swap the pedestal.