www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:41 am 
Seahorse

One thing I noticed immediately on the 2004 230 was the lack of a large glove box for personal items, maps, etc.... To address this issue we went with removable storage bags attached with Velcro.

Under the dash I have my own 'personals' bag (with a clear window panel so you can easily see what is in there) that attaches with Velcro. Here are pictures of the area with and without the bag installed.

I find this bag VERY useful and the 'boat side' Velcro is barely noticeable when the bag is not installed. I bought one for my wife as well although she/we have not decided where to install it yet.

The 'personals bag' worked out so well that I decided to Velcro a similar bag inside the head for map storage. This bag has a mesh front to see in and allow the maps to dry if wet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:09 pm 
230 Mike

Great idea! I'll refrain from asking why you'd need a map in the head...

Mike
2005 Four Winns 230/240
VP 5.7GXi/DP
1998 F-150 XLT
Boat Pic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:02 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Those look good. Where did you get them? The lack of personal small storage on my boat is my biggest pet pieve! I use one in the head that has suction cups on it and hang it above the TP holder. I keep my cell phone in a small softsided drink holder that also has a suction cup down below the throttle lever.

Btw, I noticed you don't have carpeting that finishes the inside of your head door. Was that not done on the 230's or just not that year?

2007 Sea Ray 290 Sundancer

Current boat
2004 Sea Ray 290 Sun Sport Twin 350 Mags

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:45 pm 
ShanMan

I like it.

I'd be interested in knowing how well the glue from the Velcro holds up in the heat. I've not had good luck with Velcro+heat.

http://vista278.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:12 pm 
Seahorse

230 Mike wrote:
Great idea! I'll refrain from asking why you'd need a map in the head...
:lol: I consider it a big storage closet. There's a porta-potty in there, but so far we have a rule 'you use it, you own it' :lol:

Cincy wrote:
...Where did you get them? ... I noticed you don't have carpeting that finishes the inside of your head door. Was that not done on the 230's or just not that year?
The clear bag is made my 'timbuk2'. I picked it up at Kittery Trading Post in Maine. You can try http://www.ktp.com but I don't know if they sell them online. The mesh bag is made by 'Eagle Creek'. I found that in a Samsonite store in South Carolina, but I'm sure they are available in many locations. Google the brands and you may come up with something. As far as the inside carpeting goes - no idea - I haven't peeked inside any others...

ShanMan14 wrote:
I'd be interested in knowing how well the glue from the Velcro holds up in the heat. I've not had good luck with Velcro+heat.
I wasn't sure how the Velcro would stick to that wall and was prepared to use Gorilla Glue to help the hard side of the Velcro stick to that rough inside wall. If/when it falls off I'll let you know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:26 pm 
230 Mike

Cincy, the '05 head door isn't lined either. I think that starts with the 250/260.

Mike
2005 Four Winns 230/240
VP 5.7GXi/DP
1998 F-150 XLT
Boat Pic