www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bimini with tower
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:56 pm 
Minnow

I just got done adding a Joystick tower to my h220. Several years ago I put their older model tower on my h200, and it has done very well.

So, now I need to add a bimini since the boat didn't come with one. Where is the best place to mount the bimini? I would like to not mount it to the tower, since the tower may not be installed first thing in the spring, and I would still like to have a bimini.

-Mounted inside the windshield on the coaming? (that is where it was on the h200 I bought)

-On top of the window? (there are already a couple of sets of screw holes for a bracket)

-Just outside the window on top of the gunwhale? (there should be room for a mounting bracket there)

The tower is mounted on the side of the boat, but it does taper inward toward the top. I need to make sure the bimini can fit under the tower. Where I mount it will dictate how long its legs are. (also, any recommendations on bimini vendors?)

Post subject: Re: Bimini with tower
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:37 pm 
email admin your custom rank

I would recommend mounting inside the windshield, on the windshield frame, this way when you stow it, it won't interfere with your mooring/cockpit cover. Here is my post on my recent installation/conversion of bimini pieces. http://www.smwebhead.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12966&start=75 Scroll down for pics.

Tow Veh: 2012 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X