www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: bimini top rattling
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:23 pm 
Goldfish

My bimini seems to be getting louder as the years go on. Shaking and rattling. Most of the play seems to be coming from loose pool ends caps that are riveted together. Has anyone tried to add some epoxy into the joints or maybe replacing the rivets with either new rivets or nut and bolt? Any suggestions? I searched around but can't find a solution.

Post subject: Re: bimini top rattling
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:00 pm 
230 Mike

Mine does the same. Those biminis are a lot of pieces and a lot of weight; I'm not sure there's much that can be done about it.

Mike
2005 Four Winns 230/240
VP 5.7GXi/DP
1998 F-150 XLT
Boat Pic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:33 am 
Shark

Mine is also starting to get loose and rattle a lot. This bimini has been a pain in my ass for four years. I am probably going to get some stainless rivets and replace all the ones that are loosing up on mine. Look closely at those, you probable have the same thing going on as me.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:42 am 
Tadpole

I have a 2008 H260 which is simply a fantastic but also with a similar bad habit. The bimini top shakes and sways badly. Even in mild cross wind and chop. The year after i bought it, the screws backed from the attachment midships out when i was riding. That was a bit exciting. Never happened with the previous boats i owned (regal, international) and this top shakes more than any of the others as well. It is not the poles per se but the whole thing. Replaced screws with lock washers and constantly check to make sure they are down before each use. 2 years ago, one of the screws sheared off! Able to get it out with a vice-grip and fixed that as i always carry spares. I have looked at a neighbor's new 4 Winns model around my house and it seems the newer top has additional anchor points on the boat that may prevent this. Is this what they did? Any help and suggestions would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:52 am 
email admin your custom rank

We were also getting a lot of bimini rattling going down the lake. Went to Ace hardware Saturday morning & picked up a dozen rubber washers for $4.60. Took apart all the fittings that felt loose & put washers on both sides of all the screws. Not perfect but 90% less noise. Wife was shocked how much quieter the top was. Cheap & easy.