www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 2:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Getting ready for spring
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:16 pm 
Sting Ray

As a regular reader and occasionally adding to other topics I figured I would start one. Whats everyone else having or wanting to do for the upcoming season?
Heres what I am doing
-Ordered a factory Binimi top (to be dealer installed). Ordered fill in bow cushions both items on the dealers booking order to save a little.
-Purchased an hour meter for the engine compartment
-Ordered a separate fuel filter/separator
-Dealer as also put aside stainless steel cupholders, a couple of cans of trailer paint for the spare tire carrier purchase earlier.

Stouffville Ontario
Canada

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:39 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Unfortunately (since I stored my boat off premise), I will have to start on the stuff I thought of last Fall....

It's all here
http://www.smwebhead.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2449&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=off+season

Plus all the ideas that you guys will be throwing out here over the next two-three months that I will like.

'89 Chaparral Laser 32

'93 Vista 245, 5.8L w/ King Cobra

Former Boats
'01 H260, 7.4 VP Duoprop
'98 H200, 5.0 GL w/VP SX drive

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:22 pm 

Well, I will be VERY busy this season with things other than working on the boat. However, the one thing I really want to get done is to build original FW style side guide bunks for the trailer.

2003 268 Vista ..................................................................Prior: 97 245 Sundowner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:41 pm 

M3eater wrote:
Well, I will be VERY busy this season with things other than working on the boat. However, the one thing I really want to get done is to build original FW style side guide bunks for the trailer.

That would technically make you over width..... have you had an issue getting it loaded without them? I like not having them, makes it easier to wash and wax. On my other boat 99 258, you could not get in between them and the boat.

'14 Cruisers 380 Express "Simon Sez"
Merc 8.2 Mag MPI 380
DTS B3X, (x2) Axius Premier

(SOLD)
'08 V318
Merc 350 Mag MPI 300
DTS Seacore, B3 (x2)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:20 pm 
Villiage Idiot

I did buy the stereo remote for my Clarion CMD4A, and plan to add it to my swim platform area. Did someone have pics posted of thiers mounted somewhere?

After reading the thread on stern mounted trim/tilt switches, I am going to find out how to run mine off the lighting FOB I put in last spring. Wish me luck!

This winter I set up my hand-held GPS with the detailed maps for all the local lakes, and river so I can never get lost :roll:

It's officially SPRING!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

6.2L Bravo One turning a 21P HIFive
Wakeboard Tower with Perfect Pass Stargazer version
Missouri River; Kansas City, Mo.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:48 pm 

Walt wrote:
I did buy the stereo remote for my Clarion CMD4A, and plan to add it to my swim platform area. Did someone have pics posted of thiers mounted somewhere?

After reading the thread on stern mounted trim/tilt switches, I am going to find out how to run mine off the lighting FOB I put in last spring. Wish me luck!

This winter I set up my hand-held GPS with the detailed maps for all the local lakes, and river so I can never get lost :roll:

It's officially SPRING!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

You have a Mercruiser? You can just plug & play W/OEM transom trim switch!

2011 Polaris 500HO RED]
Life Long Boston Bruin Fan 2011 Stanley Cup Champs!! :-)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:52 pm 

jsimon wrote:
M3eater wrote:

That would technically make you over width..... have you had an issue getting it loaded without them? I like not having them, makes it easier to wash and wax. On my other boat 99 258, you could not get in between them and the boat.

I was wondering why the 258s I'm looking at don't have them on their trailers. Not that they'd to much good in my mind, with a boat that big. They are a pain on my 225s trailer, its a PITA to wash behind.

As for getting the boat ready, nothing planned. I just have to give her a good wash and wax and she's ready to go. If we upgrade however....then who knows!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:11 pm 

jsimon wrote:
M3eater wrote:

Well, we had them on the 245 and loved them. Yes, they do prevent you from cleaning in that area.

Anyway, when we are retrieving in a wind or in a current, it would sure make the whole thing go smoother and quicker. Additionally, if the boat is not perfectly centered on the bunks, the lower chine will potentially rub on the anti-slip on the top of the fender. When the boat is perfectly centered, there is only about 1/2" to 3/4" clearance under each chine.

As for the technical oversize ...... I won't tell if you don't ...... :wink:

2003 268 Vista ..................................................................Prior: 97 245 Sundowner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:38 am 

Quote:

:wink: Promise!

My to do list

1. I want to add speakers in the arch.... (waiting to see how cougars went)
2. The Admiral wants plastideck/flexiteak on the sp
3. Need to get a few pieces of the eisinglass replaced
4. LED lights under the sp and possibly the bow rail
5. repair my scratch/gell coat issue

Merc 8.2 Mag MPI 380

(SOLD)
'08 V318
Merc 350 Mag MPI 300
DTS Seacore, B3 (x2)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:09 am 
Nauti Luv

You poor guys in the northern states (and Canada)!

My projects/upgrades start as soon as boating season is over. Our boat sleeps in our garage at home so whenever I want to work on something, I just head outside. For you guys, its too damn cold and many of you have boats shrink wrapped and stored elsewhere. That sure does make it hard to get upgrades done. I get ALL winter to get stuff done and you guys just get a piece of spring and end up doing some of your upgrades during boating season.

Sorry guys...that just sucks. Come on down to Texas, we still have a few places available. You guys with cruisers could boat all year round.

Previous Boats:
1999 298 Vista "Seas The Day"
2008 H200SS "Nauti Luv"
2006 Tahoe Q4

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:08 am 

My spring routine this year is pretty short-

1) reinstall batteries (decide whether I'm going to modify the side they reside on at that time).

2) super duper detail job with a rotory buffer to get that gelcoat better than new from top to bottom.

3) Trailer maintenance, repack bearings, recarpet bunks, wax and touch up paint.

4) Trade it in! MAYBE!

2007 Sea Ray 290 Sundancer

Current boat
2004 Sea Ray 290 Sun Sport Twin 350 Mags

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:24 pm 
Whatever

M3eater wrote:
jsimon wrote:
M3eater wrote:

Well, we had them on the 245 and loved them. Yes, they do prevent you from cleaning in that area.

Anyway, when we are retrieving in a wind or in a current, it would sure make the whole thing go smoother and quicker. Additionally, if the boat is not perfectly centered on the bunks, the lower chine will potentially rub on the anti-slip on the top of the fender. When the boat is perfectly centered, there is only about 1/2" to 3/4" clearance under each chine.

If you do this, you will need to build heavy duty ones, the ones on our 248 trailer are very similar to what both you and I are use to with the 245 sundowner which is way too light and just fold over when boat hits them, I want to just cut ours off!!! Just about worthless IMHO.

Only upgrade or work our boat is going to get this year is hopefully some LED lights, swimdeck, cabin and cockpit.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:39 pm 

Cincy Aquaholic wrote:
My spring routine this year is pretty short-

1) reinstall batteries (decide whether I'm going to modify the side they reside on at that time).

2) super duper detail job with a rotory buffer to get that gelcoat better than new from top to bottom.

3) Trailer maintenance, repack bearings, recarpet bunks, wax and touch up paint.

4) Trade it in! MAYBE!

Forgot about the trailer.... Going to replace all the tires including the spare. Dont want to deal with blown tires..... they have had 5 seasons on them... they look like new but just not going to be stuck o the side of the road changing a tire.

Merc 8.2 Mag MPI 380

(SOLD)
'08 V318
Merc 350 Mag MPI 300
DTS Seacore, B3 (x2)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:31 pm 

jsimon wrote:

Forgot about the trailer.... Going to replace all the tires including the spare.

Why don't you just rotate the spare onto the trailer and replace your worst tire with a new one so you have a brand new spare.... $200 and your done. The tires last for many years as long as they are properly inflated.

'89 Chaparral Laser 32

'93 Vista 245, 5.8L w/ King Cobra

Former Boats
'01 H260, 7.4 VP Duoprop
'98 H200, 5.0 GL w/VP SX drive

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:47 pm 

jsimon wrote:
Quote:

My to do list

1. I want to add speakers in the arch.... (waiting to see how cougars went)
2. The Admiral wants plastideck/flexiteak on the sp
3. Need to get a few pieces of the eisinglass replaced
4. LED lights under the sp and possibly the bow rail
5. repair my scratch/gell coat issue

This is exactly what my list would be minus #1 (don't have the arch)

Jeff I am looking forward to your lighting project and following that along.

2009 Toyota Tundra SR5 5.7L 4x4