www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 1:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:06 pm 
email admin your custom rank

lake_dawg, let me know if you find out that the difference in the part numbers is either meaningless w/r/t fit or if the part number of mine really is the one you're looking for. I'll try to get access to mine and see what it lists for the part number on the actual tag. Maybe we can get something done after all.

2004 Ford Explorer Limited (V8-AWD)
Pomme de Terre Lake (Southwest Missouri)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:18 pm 
Villiage Idiot

lake_dawg wrote:
Is your mooring cover different then the FWs photo? Maybe that would explain the different part numbers for the cover?

What I refer to as my mooring cover is listed as the Cockpit and Forward cover on the FW website.... sorry for the difference.

Thier trailering cover looks to be the same style as mine (not counting the SS windshield and Tower).

6.2L Bravo One turning a 21P HIFive
Wakeboard Tower with Perfect Pass Stargazer version
Missouri River; Kansas City, Mo.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:05 pm 
Shark

pet575 wrote:
lake_dawg, let me know if you find out that the difference in the part numbers is either meaningless w/r/t fit or if the part number of mine really is the one you're looking for. I'll try to get access to mine and see what it lists for the part number on the actual tag. Maybe we can get something done after all.

The dealer indicates the Mooring Cover part number for the 2003/04 H220 is 140-20305

If the part numbers are different I am not sure how to know if they would fit any Horizon that's 21'6" x 8'6" I tried to call FWs directly and got a voicemail box....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:19 pm 
Narwhal

Here's pics of the factory mooring cover for my 200H.

It does go well below the rub rails, but does not have provision for access to cleats. As you can see, as I keep mine on a lift, or on the trailer off season, I don't need cleat access. Here you can see that it doesn't quite cover the decal in the back.

Still, I am very happy with mine. Simply the most water tight cover I've ever had, and no snaps.

*edit - I do use the poles from the bow and cockpit covers to prevent pooling, works great. Never done it, but I'm told that the mooring cover is designed to cover the boat with the bimini down. HTH

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:53 pm 
Shark

Huge thanks for those pictures. Gives me a better idea of what the cover does. Since mine is in the slip I may have think about how I get the cover on as I can only access the boat fron one side.....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:02 pm 
All Night Long

lake_dawg wrote:
Huge thanks for those pictures. Gives me a better idea of what the cover does. Since mine is in the slip I may have think about how I get the cover on as I can only access the boat fron one side.....

Wouldn't you just put the cover on starting with the side you only have access to from the boat?

As for access to cleats -- that's a simple 'slit' in the canvas, and have a friend or someone sew on a couple velcro flaps. Easy. Shouldn't cost ya more than 10-20 bucks if you know anyone with a sewing machine. You can also bind the slit at the same time.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:00 am 
Shark

cougarcruiser wrote:
Wouldn't you just put the cover on starting with the side you only have access to from the boat?

I intend to put this over my cockpit and forward covers. I think I would have too slip the covers on simultaneously and use the swim platform as my escape route.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:49 am 
Villiage Idiot

One thing about the posts for my covers... you cannot have the Bow/cockpit covers on and get the posts in place for the trailering cover, as it sits so much higher. However, my trailering cover does have the slits for the forward and stern cleats.

6.2L Bravo One turning a 21P HIFive
Wakeboard Tower with Perfect Pass Stargazer version
Missouri River; Kansas City, Mo.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:29 pm 
Narwhal

I have the bow and cockpit covers in addition to the mooring cover, but don't use them both at the same time - that'd be a major pain. The mooring cover itself goes on in about 5 minutes, from within the boat, much quicker and easier than snapping the bow & cockpit covers in place. I start at the bow and work my way back to the stern, ending at the swim platform. That's a loose fit though, I then tighten it through use of 6 bungee cords to the boat lift (or trailer when the boat's OoW). Then it's nice and tight. I've seen solutions where folks hang weights or 2 liter soda bottles full of water instead of using bungee cords, maybe that would be better in a slip.