www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 9:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:56 pm 
Starfish

Greetings,
The Admiral has finally allowed me the privilege of upgrading the boat with the arch and it's accouterments. I have been working on making sure I order all of the correct parts and I'm about to arrange the installation with one of my two local dealers.

So at this point, before I pull the trigger and set everything in motion, is there anything that I absolutely NEED to know or that you wish you had known before you made this extremely expensive purchase?

I plan on adding a pair of Wetsounds Pro 80's to the arch and a set of wakeboard racks too. For those that went with the factory racks, are they worth it? For those that went with aftermarket racks, which ones are the best?

For those who did the factory wetsounds tower speakers package (wetsounds pro 60's), is it worth it? For those who went aftermarket, What did you install and why? Do they attach to the arch the same way the factory speakers do?

Additionally,
What size is the SS tubing? 2 inches? 2 1/2?

Thank you in advance for all of your responses. I sincerely appreciate all the information you can give me on this project.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:24 am 
Villiage Idiot

Is that the Tower, or the forward facing Arch? The Forward facing arch looks good, but I've heard and can see complaints about how the bimini is not usable when pulling skiers. After only two seasons with this boat, I can't even imagine being on the water without the Bimini deployed!

I have the Factory installed tower, speakers, and board racks. I swapped one of the wakeboard racks for a kneeboard rack from DIYwake.com and was a direct replacement. The only difference is the "new" fingers were polished, whereas the existing was brushed aluminum.

If someone else doesn't post by the end of the day, I'll get measurements of tube size, but I think it's 2".

Good luck.

6.2L Bravo One turning a 21P HIFive
Wakeboard Tower with Perfect Pass Stargazer version
Missouri River; Kansas City, Mo.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:46 pm 
email admin your custom rank

I'm totally guessing that it is 2". I've never put a micrometer on mine.

2 things to check into on the bimini:
1. Can you use the bimini you currently have with the arch in place?
2. If so, does your bimini have the "half-zip" setup to where you can zip half of it up but still have it deployed over the captain and passenger seats? This is the option my bimini has so that you do not have to boot it every time I want to pull a wakeboarder or skier. Then again, I generally pull skiers from the tow hook as a penalty for their asking to ski behind my boat rather than wakeboard. :twisted:

2004 Ford Explorer Limited (V8-AWD)
Pomme de Terre Lake (Southwest Missouri)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:23 pm 
Starfish

Walt,
Yessir it's the forward facing SS arch. I've heard those complaints too but it looks like you can just stow the aft portion. I just found this out but apparently the racks and light attachments used on the factory "tower" are different than those used with the SS arch. The SS arch attachments being much more expensive.

Pet575,
We're getting rid of our factory bimini and totally replacing it with the integrated bimini/SS arch setup so no worries there. I'm pretty sure this allows the half zip option.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:00 pm 
Villiage Idiot

justin240 wrote:
Walt,
Yessir it's the forward facing SS arch. I've heard those complaints too but it looks like you can just stow the aft portion. I just found this out but apparently the racks and light attachments used on the factory "tower" are different than those used with the SS arch. The SS arch attachments being much more expensive.

To answer your measurement question... 1 7/8" for mine. I double checked.... not 2" :cry:

Best of luck on your quest. I don't think I've seen an "after-market" Forward-arch.

I like the look of the arch on the cruisers and especially the H310, but not as much on the H2?? series.

6.2L Bravo One turning a 21P HIFive
Wakeboard Tower with Perfect Pass Stargazer version
Missouri River; Kansas City, Mo.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:18 pm 

The Factory Forward Slant SS Arch is 2” diameter (Factory Tower made by XTP is 1 7/8” D. aluminum) I have latest Factory Bimini and we do not typically use Bimini up while we tow anyone. Although, the rear support poles of this new Bimini are telescoping slides and it allows the Bimini to slide the rear down about 1 foot while using the Bimini, and it allows the rope enough room to not hit the Bimini fabric. The factory Arch will come with holes for speaker wire so you do not have to drill them. One thing about this factory Bimini, the connector will not allow to swing large angle and it will easily strip or bend screws. I have fabricated this connector using hime joint.
The factory Rack is made by XTP/Monster Tower and you can get same quality rack from them.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:04 pm 
Starfish

Hey Sushi,
Thanks for the info. You made that connector yourself? Very sweet. I see pics of the SS factory wakeboard racks in the catalog and I cannot find anything that looks like it aftermarket. The closest thing does appear to be the XTP racks but they are noticeably different. I emailed XTP about this and they claim that they do not make the racks for the SS arch, only the tower. Here is their rack:
http://shop.monstertower.com/p-127-pivo ... -rack.aspx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:00 am 

Justin:
You are correct. XPT only makes accessory for Aluminum tower. The manufacture of Stainless Steel Arch is unknown. I have made those connectors myself but they are not too hard to modify if we fabricate from existing end.