www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:33 pm 
Clownfish

I'm looking for some help from the 23.8 or 24.8 Vista owners out there. I'm considering an extended swim platform for my "97" 23.8. It's available from both Swim Platforms Inc and Four Winns. I have received a price quote and pictures from Swim Platforms showing their platform installed on a 23.8. Four Winns has produced a price and a poor quality black and white photo copy of only the platform with it's dimensions. My local Four Winns dealer cannot locate any brochures or literature showing my year and model with the factory installed extension on it, even though it was offered as an option. The dealer recalls installing about a dozen or so and stated that the extension mounts over top of the existing swim platform.
So, what I'd like to ask is if anyone has a similar year and model with the Four Winns extended swim platform, could you please post a couple pictures in reply to this message or to my e-mail at Glasport@ptd.net, so that my wife and I can make a more informed decision. You know the old saying, a picture's worth a thousand words. Any information or advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks Everyone! :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:48 pm 
Shark

Can't speak for the Vista platform, but I can speak for the company Swim Platforms. My buddy, although he has a Chaparral, was hesitant ordering from them but after a lot of research bit the bullet and ordered one. I was there when it arrived and it came packed in a solid "coffin-like" enclosure that weighed more than the platform itself! He installed it with no problem per the instructions that came with and it fit like a glove, no surprises. Highest quality....cheapest price.

2007 Silverado 1500 CrewCab 4x4

Previous:
2002 Four Winns H200
5.0GXI 270HP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:06 pm 
Clownfish

Thanks Scotchwater. It seems at this point that we are leaning toward Swim Platforms Inc. for the extension. The pictures on their website and the ones they included with their quote were impressive. Hearing positive feedback from someone who has actually come in contact with the product will definitely help us with our decision.

Thanks for your input! :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:52 pm 
Clownfish

I installed one from swimplatforms this spring on our 1997 Horizon 240. Very well packaged and very good instructions. Mt son and I installed it in about 4 hours. We have really enjoyed it. Great quality, well built.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:57 am 
email admin your custom rank

You want a platform that mounts below the existing built in one. There is too much inaccessible area where crap (water, seaweed, sand etc..) can collect between the two plus the ones that mount below the original get you a little closer to the water ... nice for sitting with your legs in the water enjoying a refreshment 8)
Here's my factory unit.

'89 Chaparral Laser 32

'93 Vista 245, 5.8L w/ King Cobra

Former Boats
'01 H260, 7.4 VP Duoprop
'98 H200, 5.0 GL w/VP SX drive

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:42 pm 
Clownfish

Thanks Guys. I'm pretty sure I'll be placing an order this fall with Swim Platforms Inc. for an extension. I see that their platform extends 7" further from the stern than the Four Winns and when mounted below the existing one, it should be almost 3-4" closer to the water.

Thanks for your input!
It's GREATLY appreciated :D