www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bimini Boot Cover
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 6:26 pm 
Shark

Looking for a canvas Bimini boot cover for a 298 Vista (2000 model year). I have the same folding setup as 298Vista2000's photo below:

I would like to get this setup if possible, but when looking up part numbers on Four Winns, I had confusing part numbers come up. Here's what was shown:

First, this one came up, but in the picture it shows two boot covers? It says the part is valid for 298's built from 12/1/1998 thru today. What I see is that they aren't all wrapped in one boot like on 298Vista's. The part number is 140-50280 Canvas, Tie Up Boot 298V/328V

Underneath this was a part numbered 140-50303 Canvas, Bimini Boot 298V. This one did not have an accompanying photo with it.

I'm stuck on which one I should be looking for, or order. Also, if anyone has one for sale I would be very interested. It looks really sharp with the embroidered logo like on 298Vista's and I'd love one like that.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Bimini Boot Cover
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:02 am 
Shark

StirCrazy,
The best thing we did was have our local canvas/marine fabric shop make custom boots for our tops. This insured we got one that fit well, the zippers were reinforced, and got the color match right. Then...I sent my boat name (grapic) and a Four Winns logo picture to my local embroidery shop, and had them digitize both items, then had the boots done up. Liked them so well, then had towels done for the boat, a Admirals T-Shirt and cap, and same for the captain. Now our embroidery shop had the images saved, and when I need to update or replace, i just call them.
Bob

Previously
'06 318 Vista
'97 258 Vista
'98 195 Sundowner
'87 180 Horizon

Post subject: Re: Bimini Boot Cover
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 9:17 pm 
Shark

Thanks Bob, I think I'm going to look into that route. There are a few canvas shops real close to us and I need to get one to come out and do just that. I appreciate the response.