www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Canvas Covers
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:29 am 
Shark

Hi, i'm hoping someone can help me here.
The rear canvas cover of my 245 Sundowner was torn from an accident I had recently. I have made an insurance claim as I damaged other parts of the boat. The people who are doing the repairs have told me that they cannot find a new rear canvas cover in Australia (apparently they tried all the Four Winns dealerships here). They told me that they tried Four Winns themselves but were told they don't have any. I sent an email to Four Winns on 12/06/07 and still waiting for a reply. So, I am wondering if any of you Four Winns owners can tell me if you have any ideas where I can get a new canvas cover from as i do not want the old one repaired because they cannot guarantee that it will look good.
Your help would be much appreciated.
Regards
245 Sundowner

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:04 am 
Mental Floss

Are you speaking about the cockpit cover? If so, there is nothing special about it. Take the boat to a local canvas shop and I'm going to guess they can fabricate a new one to match the snaps and to boot, you will probably keep some of that insurance money in YOUR pocket.

'04 FW 288 Vista "Mental Floss"

Post subject: Canvas covers
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:01 am 
Shark

Hi, thanks for your reply. Its the aft canvas that i am after. According to the Four Winns site the part no is 140-30319-0605.
I am most upset that the repairers have not tried what you suggested.
I will speak to them tomorrow and mention it.
They did tell me that Sandstone colour (which I presume is the same colour as your Vista) is hard to find. I also scrapped the graphics on the side of the boat which they told me they cannot repair it as it is painted on, but i told them that it is just a sticker. Am I correct?

Post subject: Canvas covers
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:03 am 
Shark

I might try calling Four Winns direct if I have anymore issues with the repairer but i am not sure what the time difference is with Australia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:58 am 
Mental Floss

I haven't seen any FW boat with painted on graphics. All that I've seen are vinyl. The color is either gelcoat of vinyl. You might be able to help them out by finding the part numbers for the graphics on the FW website and providing them with the info.

As to the sandstone color...I had a canvas shop fix a couple of small holes that I believe were caused by the flapping of the bimini tops in their covers at highway speeds. They matched the color perfect. I seriously doubt that Sunbrella makes custom colors for FW. Great Lakes is the outside vendor that makes the all the canvas items for FW.

http://www.greatlakesboattop.com/fourwinns

'04 FW 288 Vista "Mental Floss"