www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:18 pm 
Tadpole

Hi all, I really hope some can help. Here's what I have, 2011 Four Winns H200 with a Mercury 4.3 MPI with only 160hrs. Dealer maintained annually and winter stored in heated garage. I'm the original owner.
We live on a fairly big lake and last weekend we went for a ride. We had our grand daughter (18 month) with us for the first time. We decided to beach for an hour so she could play in the water. Of course, this is at the other end of the lake. Got back in the boat and every time I tried to start it would stall. I never had any issues with this boat. It would start great then immediately start to loose RPM and stall. I did this several times and same result. No alarms. We were lucky enough that a guy that was beached also lived in our bay and gave a tow. During the 45 min tow, I kept trying to start it (lost count how many times) same thing. Starts, then loses RPM, then stalls. Had half a tank of recent gas, even switch over to other battery. Check all oil levels, the gear drive levels were just above the add line. Top it off. Still no go. After docking, decided to give it one last try and it started. Gave it some throttle in neutral and all good. The next day, I charge up the batteries, and top off the fuel (thinking maybe my gas gauge was defective), nope it took half a tank. Decided to start it, and it started and ran great. I didn't have time to take it out. Now I'm scared to take it out and be stuck again.
Sorry for all the babbling, just want to paint the story and give as much details.
What can it be? It was a warm and sunny day but nothing out of the ordinary.
Engine S/N is 1A643246

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:02 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Was the fuel filter changed when getting the boat ready for the season?
I would want to see what the fuel looks like. I usually dump mine out into a mason jar and let it sit.
Keep the n mind if you’re doing this with a fuel injected engine you need to fill the new filter with gas in order to allow the fuel pump to prime. Might want to see if any other procedure is needed, it’s easy on the old school engines with a mechanical pump and carb.

2008 Walker Bay 8

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0/Selectrac
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi/Quadradrive II