www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:54 am 
email admin your custom rank

We decided to slip our Horizon 2 years ago and after a year of trying to make a Horizon into something it was not, we moved to the Vista. We loved the Horizon but as we have grown into boating with new dock mates, it became apparent that a bowrider was not quite right. Our marina has full facilities but spending the night was very difficult (no berth, AC or privacy). I originally looked at doing a custom canvas to provide shelter but finally came to my senses. The 258 is a small cruiser that still provides us the fun of a small craft to wake board and tube from but is large enough for me and the admiral to spend the night. It does not handle exactly like the Horizon but for recreational watersports its fine.

We have the Volvo 320HP DP so performance is quite good and trim tabs aid in planing with a heavy load. You quickly learn about windage. We added the tower for wakeboarding so our boat catches your eye.

As far as the listing, we have a similar situation with our Vista but our dealer will be handling it this fall. From what I can see in the FW engineering, they lay out the boat to fit all the options but don't seem to know how to handle variations as it is built. We did not buy the genset which would counteract the weight of the AC unit, water heater and batteries on our boat. Therefore we a slight list. Our dealer is going to move the batteries to balance the load. I would think that with enough input for customers, FW could know where they can compensate for these weigh differences. Ok, I will get off my soap box.

If you have any further questions about our Vista, please let me know.

Previously:
2007 Vista 258 " Just Right"
2005 Horizon 230