www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 652 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 44  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:10 am 
Starfish

Notice i have been missing.... Yep i love this new boat... i have to admit, i havent takne may pics because i have been having too much fun, here are a couple that we managed to snap up.
The Pic in the marina is the first trip in the ocean, i must say, pretty impressed. it was not a bad day, one stage i was doing 55mph kids & all. Most of the day we cruised between 32-40 mainly 35mph. We went to one of the islands off the coast of Mackay "Brampton Is"

The othe oic is out in front of the resort in about 5-6ft of water, sandy bottom with some coral not too far away for the snorklers out there.

Image Image
Jackal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:43 am 
Starfish

Here is another pic of Brampton Is, although you cant see my smile behind the camera, you can only imagine just how big it is. (the boat is just the cherry on a pretty sweet pie)

These 2 pics are at the ski club the week before, the boat makes short work of the Patrol's suspension..

Image Image

Jackal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:18 pm 
life to the full

NIce pics
back to the top
Ardy
South Oz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:35 am 
Starfish

Back to the top? not sure what you mean...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:10 am 
life to the full

Back to the top-as in puts this thread back to to top of the list. Having said that my new H180 should be on our shores this month,Getting closer!!!
getting real excited as the delivery day gets closer
Ardy
Adelaide

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:15 am 
Starfish

you must be getting sooo anxious..... I think you were asking about props? Mine had a 3 blade 19" i have just bought and fitted a 17" 4 blade SS Solas. i fitted it last week but i have not had it in the water yet. i will be camping all weekend so i will be able to give a fair and unbiased opinion for you next week. I have a lot of faith that it will be all good. What are the chances of getting yours delivered with the 4blade already fitted :?:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:56 am 
email admin your custom rank

Wow .... what a beautiful setting !

I'll take that over the rocky coast of New England (as beautiful at it is, in its own right). Not to mention your year-round boating opportunities.

2003 268 Vista ..................................................................Prior: 97 245 Sundowner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:40 am 
Starfish

Hi Jackal,
I take my Horizon 220 in pretty rough water often. A favourite run from Brisbane is across Moreton Bay to Tangalooma on Moreton Island. You can pretty much always say it will be a glassy trip over and quite rough coming home. We have not sunk yet and all that seems necessary is fitting bow covers and adjust speed for comfort.

350mpi Mercruiser
Jeep Grand Cherokee V8

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:42 am 
life to the full

Hey Jackal I ordered the H180 with a 3 blade ss 17 inch vengence to suit water skiing etc
and yes I am getting anxious ,looking forward to the new boat BIG time
Ardy
Adelaide SA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:58 pm 
Starfish

Gordon, Thats a good size boat you have, do you use it much?

2008, H210, Volvo Penta 5.7ltr, 300hp, SX Drive

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:37 pm 
Starfish

I have an update on my prop story, i fitted a 17" 4 blade, i found it a lot better for holding speed at 22mph for wakeboarding, even with fat sacks. It was a bit better pulling skiers out and we did get 2 large skiers out of the water but i would not say we were breaking any shoulder muscles. I am going to send it back and see if they can make a 16 or 15 out of it. i only lost 2-3 mph out of it as i still achieved 55mph. I am not sure how it went on fuel the gauge said 1/2 tank for a solid weekend of skiing but i have not fueled it up yet. All of my friends with Tige's & Mal's only get 45mph with a tail wind so i dont mind getting dropped down to 50mph top speed but i dont wan to loose any more than that. we still ski at 40 - 42 mph

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:47 pm 

Interesting result with the prop Jackal.

Was on holidays all last week and got out on the bay - Wednesday was just perfect - at the north end of Port Philip Bay was dead flat, slight breeze, mid to high 20's. Cruised the bay and later on up the Yarra River. Thursday was ordinary out of Patterson River, 1m swell so only stayed out for a couple of hours.

Still, nice to have my "boat fix" as my wife calls it. Going overseas for a couple of weeks on Thursday so no more boating until December... :(

Alec

2006 Horizon 190
VP 4.3GL/SX, Sunsport

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:51 pm 

Guys, finally here is a pic of my trailer with the spare wheel mounted on the "correct" side for Australia. It's a simple bolt-off / bolt-on deal.

Alec

2006 Horizon 190
VP 4.3GL/SX, Sunsport

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:06 pm 

Jackal wrote:

Jackal

I have to say, that looks amazing! Very Very envious.... salt water? sorry I am not that farmilar w/the oz.

Past: 1989 180 Horizon

http://www.robcamerondesign.com

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:35 pm 
Starfish

Man, i though my life was busy, you are all over the place... good thing you got your fix. I will be in Melbourne tomorrow for a work thing for the rest of the week, i hope the weather is a bit warmer than last week (i was there sun-tues) Have the buys from Fleet Marine Moved yet? your boat looks really nice, i am trying to get my brother in law to get one like yours, he might have to wait for the Aussie Dollar to recover a bit though, we bought ours when it was really high, i think the value of ours has gone up more than 10K.

Yes, thats salt water, its an awesome place to live when you have a boat like this, we are just getting to experience it all now. I have always been confined to skiing the fresh water rivers around here. they are nice but nowhere as beautiful at this. The island in the pic is at the bottom of the whitsunday islands, about an hour north there are a lot of beautiful islands as well as the infamous whitehaven beach off airlie beach. we are looking at heading there in the next few weeks and i believe that you will go week at the knees when you see thos pics. i cant wait

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 652 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 44  Next