www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:27 pm 
Sting Ray

I have a similar issue on mine on the starboard side but I have learned that just giving the post a small twist radially seems to help lock it in. I sometimes have to use my other hand to give the clasp a little help. Since this only happens on one side, if I attach that side first, it makes it much easier.

I also agree that it looks like your short post is not mounted in the right spot on the longer rail. See if you can move it at all to help.

Using the short post is an absolute requirement for me, since I keep my boat in dry storage and the marina has a requirement that no hardward can be higher than the windshield when stored.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:09 am 
Minnow

i have the 06 w the 4.3 carb 2 adults 2 teenagers standard seating 23" prop. top speed loaded is approx 45 at 4100 rpm. there is storage under the sunsport to answer your question. the standard with the moveable seats in the back allows me to put a cooler under one of the seats. the storage up front and in the bilge is plenty for the life vests skis wakeboard.... the tube i leave deflated until i use it, though.

going soon to a 21" prop for more holeshot and top end rpm as it stands i could use just a litle extra for watersports ect....

great boat!!!!!!!!

Post subject: Bimini Top
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:42 pm 
Tadpole

You need to slide the clamp down so the short post is straight up and down. It should snap in alot easier then. This keeps the top from riding on the fiberglass.
Leviticaus wrote:
No I didn't get the fill in but I have an issue with my Bimini and thought I would see if anyone else has it as well.

I can't get my short posts from my Bimini to fit into the socket - seems to me something isn't mounted right. Also when trying to get the short post in, there is a rivet on the front pole just above the cover snap that scratches the gel.

here's the pic:

It looks like it should fit but it just won't lock in - long posts are no problem. My dealer is a waste of time - I've called him three times and emailed but still no response. Sure wish there was a FW dealer closer to me.... (I went 5 hours for mine).

Anyone got pictures like this of theirs which works?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:27 am 
Guppy

Just thought I would post the solution on the bimini - The posts and plastic fittings are all riveted so no luck in moving those but I would have thought the same thing.
Anyway no help from my dealer so I sent the info to the FW help email and got a great response. Mike from FW sent me the drafted drawings and measurements for the bimini fittings and it appears that the boat mounts for the bimini were mounted too far back (only about 1/2 an inch maybe 3/4 of an inch out).
Should be an easy fix just remove the mounts and move them forward and patch up the hole. Not sure if it is normal policy but FW even said they would work with a local gel guy instead of me having to go back to my selling dealer.

Kudos to FW! Man, I love this boat!