www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:53 pm 
All Night Long

After much debate on the leftover '07 vs a fresh '08.... trying to decide which options are most important... what powerplant works best for my needs up here in the Seattle area... scouring the local dealer and talking to other dealers...

The deposit is in... the order has been submitted... and we are now waiting for a build date for our 2008 Horizon 240...

Went for the 5.7 GXI / DP package... Black Classic Color Band with a Beach Stone (tan) stripe (the wife liked that the best). My big win was convincing the wife that the stainless arch was a must have. For 2008, the arch has been re-designed to fold down easier for storage... Then the obvious options -- docking lights, pump out, etc. Added the swim platform mat and a new under platform lighting option. By the time we added the dual batteries, the table/mount combination, and the bow/cockpit covers... I am about done with the boat options. I'll handle the stereo needs separately (Hello JL Audio) - and the wife said no way to the exhaust option.

For the trailer... the '08's come standard with LED's and new belt buckle style straps... Opted for a gatorhyde option but not galvanized... and the spare tire/wheel option.

We are super excited to have this on the way... it's too bad that by the time we get the boat, the season is over in Seattle.... It gives me a few months to tinker and play... and be ready for an early season in late march/april.

Sweet!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:50 am 
Goldfish

Man that's going to be a tough wait. Reminds me of when I was 16 and had a car but didn't get my license until 17. I used to go to the garage and turn on my radio and just pretend. I guess you can do that during the winter! Can't wait to see your pictures especially with the new '08 options you mentioned. Congratulations!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:09 am 
Andiamo

Sounds like a sweet package. Congratulations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:46 am 
230 Mike

You are going to absolutely LOVE that package.

Be aware that the first season you'll have little things here and there that will need to be fixed, tightened, adjusted, etc. But IMO you've bought one of the nicest boating packages on the market today. You won't miss the exhaust, either.

I hadn't heard about this underplatform lighting option. Where are the lights, and what is their purpose?

Mike
2005 Four Winns 230/240
VP 5.7GXi/DP
1998 F-150 XLT
Boat Pic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:52 am 
email admin your custom rank

Sounds pretty nice, cougarcruiser. Seems like only a few months ago I had my brand new 220H on order and had that LONG wait ahead of me. Oh wait, it was. I guess the advantage you are going to have is that any delays in production aren't going to affect your boating time. You'll have that thing WAY before the season starts.

Under-platform lighting sounds pretty cool. I'd like to see some pics of them when you finally get it.

Oh, and CONGRATS!!

2004 Ford Explorer Limited (V8-AWD)
Pomme de Terre Lake (Southwest Missouri)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:08 am 
All Night Long

I'm not totally sure what the under platform lighting option is completely about. It was just listed on the order form and for the small charge (less than 200 bucks) - how could I say no to that?

Other boat companies now adding that feature are using LED's - I hope FW is as well. And I'm sure it's something that can be added later.

I'll take pictures as soon as I possibly can... My dealer is hoping for a build date of late September/early October... so I am expecting delivery towards the end of October....

This is not my first boat by any means, but it is the first boat that I have been able to put exactly what I want on it - no more no less... that alone is a great feeling. And the 240 leaves me room to grow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:16 pm 
Sting Ray

Congrats....I agree with mike, you will love the boat. I've had my 230/240 for exactly one year today and still feel it was the best choice for our needs. We lucked out so far with the weather on the weekends and managed to put on approximately 75 running hours so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:12 pm 
Dolphin

Ditto on the congrats, Cougercruiser.... you will love it. Still in the midst of our third summer with ours....one of the best investments we've ever made.

Download some wallpaper or other pictures to your computer, and/or cut out pics from one of the brochures and tape them to your garage wall to hold you while you wait.... ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:30 am 
All Night Long

I got my build date... looks to be September 20! And who thought that it would take months for a boat....

counting the weeks....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:56 pm 
230 Mike

You should have it by mid-October then.

Mike
2005 Four Winns 230/240
VP 5.7GXi/DP
1998 F-150 XLT
Boat Pic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:05 pm 

My dealer called me today that my boat was build yesterday as they confirmed when I ordered. Also they told me I should have it with in 2 weeks or so…. They are right on for mine so if you have a build date of 9/20/07 tomorrow is the day. I am grad I stayed with Four Winns. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:26 pm 
All Night Long

Hey FLying Sushi!

How long did it take them to build the boat? My dealer told me it would go into production on 9/20 and that it usually took a week or so to build the boat from start to finish.

Anybody know?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:16 pm 

I have told that it takes only few days to build (or put together) a Horizon. I believe bodies were made before the date and the build date is the day it receives a serial number. I am not sure what is exactly “build” date mean is but my dealer says typically they receive the boat 12 to 16 days after the build date.
Let’s hope they are right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:06 pm 
230 Mike

It takes about 4 days.

Mike
2005 Four Winns 230/240
VP 5.7GXi/DP
1998 F-150 XLT
Boat Pic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:17 am 

The build time itself is not that long. Like Mike says, about 4 days, give or take a day or two. However, the date the dealer gets it is an entirely different story. My brother and I both ordered 220H's on the same day, and ours both had a build date of something like May 3rd, but one part on my brother's boat was back-ordered and didn't come into the factory for about 2 weeks after the boats were pretty much done. We took delivery a few days before Memorial Day Weekend.

So, don't count your days as guaranteed for delivery. Something very small could hold up the process. Finding a transport to carry the boat to you could also delay things.

Not trying to be gloom and doom, just trying to relay my experience to you so that you can consider it when forming expectations. For your sake, I hope you have it as soon as possible.

Of course, you ARE obligated to post as many pics as possible once you get it. :D

2004 Ford Explorer Limited (V8-AWD)
Pomme de Terre Lake (Southwest Missouri)