www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:29 am 
Tadpole

I am detaing on whether to buy a 203 fish and ski OR a 200. I like the 200 because I can get the standard seating option which actually offers more interior room. Most of this fishing will be in Tahoe so the downriggers will not have a lot of stress on them in rough waters.

My questions are this...

#1 is it possible to mount downriggers on the 200? Any of you that own one out there, is there an area on the side or transom that I will be able to put a mount on that willl keep the body of the boat structurally strong and it will support it?

#2 I was looking to get this for a trolling motor http://www.minnkotamotors.com/products/ ... asp?pg=fem and I was wondering if any of you out there have heard of this and if this is hard to mount.

It just seems that those fish and ski's like the 203 are way overpriced. The fish finder they have on it is like $400 retail and the trolling motor like $600.....somehow that totals $1000, but the boat is marked up like $5000.

thanks in advance for any insight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:29 pm 
Seahorse

Scotty makes mounts that go just about anywhere - even their rail mounts are fairly heavy duty. I suspect you could find a spot. From pics it looks like a quick release pad would easily work on the back deck.

I just mounted an electric Scotty w/ 60" telescopic stainless steel boom, with dual road holders, on a 12" riser quick release base on the back of a 2004 230.

I mounted the elec plug and quick release base to the bottom of the little center storage compartment in the rear - which is pretty thin glass - but it appears to work.

I wanted the mount in there so when I'm not using the down rigger (and the compartment is closed), you can't see any fishing parts at all (which pleases the wife who has put up with my fishing boats for 20 years). If it starts to crack I'm prepared to reinforce the compartment with additional fiberglass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:05 pm 
Seahorse

Here are a couple pics of an electric downrigger installed inside the rear center compartment of a 230. When removed and the compartment door is closed there is no sign of 'fishing stuff' - which pleases my wife. I'll post a side view the next time I have the rig installed in the driveway (and think to take a pic).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:49 pm 
Tadpole

thanks...for the pic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:18 pm 
The Real Dr.Evil

nhlakes wrote:
Here are a couple pics of an electric downrigger installed inside the rear center compartment of a 230. When removed and the compartment door is closed there is no sign of 'fishing stuff' - which pleases my wife. I'll post a side view the next time I have the rig installed in the driveway (and think to take a pic).

NHlakes,

Now THAT is SLICK!!!! Oh My God, your boat is a Transformer! :)

Love it!