www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:10 am 
Minnow

The 1999 H220 that I just bought did not come with the bow fill in cushions. Our older H200 had them and my wife liked them. So... I need to get some for the H220. I called the local dealer, and he said the factory no longer carries them for a 1999, but does have the skins (vinyl) for redoing existing cushions.

If I get the skins, how easy is it to make the cushions? The dealer recommended a local upholstery guy who they deal with, but that seemed a bit pricey based on a brief phone conversation I had with him. I'll probably take the boat over to him in a week or two and have him give me an official quote.

Any suggestions for the DIYer? Anyone done this before, or have templates? (skert?)

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:19 pm 
email admin your custom rank

If they have the "skins" that are cutout to the dimensions of the fillers, I would go ahead and buy them from that dealer (If they aren't too pricey), and make a backer outta plywood (measure twice, cut once), fill with foam, staple skins on, done.

Do you have the frame that goes under the fillers? Not sure if your boat has that, but my SD uses a stainless frame for the aft U-shaped seat fill-in.

Tow Veh: 2012 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:35 pm 
Minnow

On my h200, the bow fill in cushions just fit on the the fiberglass indentations where the regular bow seating cushions are. There is no separate frame. The backing is plywood, with a thin plastic coating (as I recall), not just plywood. The key, as you say, would be to measure the correct length and width of the "plywood", making it tight enough to stay put and not fall out when underway, but not too tight so that you can't easily remove them when desired.

I will probably go that way, as yet another thing to do.... [Skert2 (on the forum) made some a year ago, but still hasn't seen/answered a reply I made to his old post in the "General Accessories" section. I'm hoping to learn from his experience.]

The bimini I ordered should be in next week, so when I go to install that on the boat, I will take some measurements for this project as well. Unfortunately, I can't store my boat close by in the "big city".