www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 2:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:39 am 
Tadpole

After a brief time off (18 years) I am back into the boating world. My last boat was a Supra Esprit with an inboard 351 v8. This Four Winns is my first I/O and I am learning a lot quickly.

After buying the boat, I took it out on the lake and thought that the prop had hit the bottom because of the grumbling noise. Yesterday I took the outdrive off, which was not very difficult at all, and found water in the u-joints bellow and a very bad Gimbal Bearing. The u-joints on the shaft seem to be fine (no play, no noise, no rough spots), so I am planning on just greasing those. Hopefully the tools and parts will be here by the end of the week and I'll be done with this.

I do have a question though. Being a 1997, which transmission do I have. The only writing I see on it is that it's an SX Cobra, but in reading posts I see SX-C, SX-M.... I suspect that the letter is a revision of the drive, anyone know what one I should have on my 1997 3.0? I do see that it's 1.97 ratio.

Looking forward to getting the boat back together and enjoying the remainder of warmer weather before putting it away for the winter.