www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 9:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:32 am 
Tadpole

Please help!! I have the engine Alarm going off steadily on my 1995 190 Horizon O/B Evinrude Ocean-Pro 150 hp. This started after my mechanic rebuilt my carbs and tested the boat for five minutes in the water. But first he replaced the Alarm horn/buzzer since the ignition didn't chirp anymore when I turned the key as the ignition/engine warning signal diagram says it should. The Alarm currently stays on with just turning the key and the without even starting the engine per my mechanic and he can't figure out why. He says it has good spark, fuel & oil flow and not overheating. I am curious if anybody knows what it could be or if maybe the gauge cluster that the ignition wire runs through per the electrical diagram in my manual, could be sending a false signal? I can't find who made that gauge cluster in case it is on the fritz so I can ask them? Anybody know? I thought it was CDI, but I think they are covering the VDO cluster from the late 90's.

I would greatly appreciate any thoughts as its costing me 5 hours already and he can't figure it out yet!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:32 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Does this boat have the combined "automotive" style VDO gauges or individual gauges? I didn't think they ever paired the VDO cluster with outboards?

if they are individual gauges, does the Tach have the 4 warning lights at the bottom...oh wait...this is a 95. In 96 Evinrude/OMC introduced the System Check system that gives more information about warning sounds and lights.

Ummm, so he is sure it is getting good oil flow. Does your oil tank have a level sensor? Is it connected? Is the tank low? That alarm will sound whether it is running or not I think.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:12 pm 
email admin your custom rank

^^^ This. ^^^

I was going to ask the same question about the level in the oil tank. Mine does the same thing when the oil level sensor is in the low position. If the tank is low and the sensor is working correctly, the beep will be constant as soon as the key is turned on.

That would be my first place to check.