www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 12:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:07 pm 
Goldfish

After owning this boat for 13 years, my son has finally convinced me to add a tower - he's finally getting daring enough to jump, and can almost clear wake-to-wake from the tow hook mounted to the transom. He thinks if he had a higher mounting point, he could get higher and farther, and I tend to agree.

I'm reasonably handy, and have researched he process of mounting a tower, but one thing still bugs me: how do you determine the correct fore/aft mounting points? Since this will provide a longer lever-arm as it pertains to pulling dead weight out of the water, it would seem that ther's got to be a "right" place to mount this so to minimize bow rise from the hole-shot. But I have yet to see anything written on how to identify the right place to mount it.

Next, we usually boat in the Sacramento River delta, where summertime temps are nearly always 90-110*F, so we ALWAYS use the Bimini. And suggestions on a brand of tower that would clear the factory Bimini?

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:58 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Mount points will depend on tower you select, but all will need backing plates for support. You can Google images for your 2001 h180 to see some variations.

The hookup will be slightly behind helm, which should be close to midship. I have a reverse arch so mount points are far back, but tower leans forward to midship area. Some biminis open underneath tower and some are mounted to tower and expand...I have to retract Bimini poles, open it up and then raise it up under tower. I always use the Bimini and it doesn't interfere with using tower....each tower has plusses and minusses like everything else.

If your boarding or skiing you and your son will love the tower. He will not only get more air if he wants, but the pull out of water is much easier as its pulling him up and not thru the water. Using tower for tubing isn't wise though as too much stress...use tow hook for tubes.

Other advantage is the tower makes boat a suv in that you can store the boards and skis up and out of the way instead of racking the hoofs on them in the boat.

08' H210SS
VP 5.7Gi