www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 8:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:02 pm 
Tadpole

Hi Im new, I have a 2011 H-180 with 190 hp Volvo Penta .I got it this spring I am on a channel 1000 feet from the lake. The channel needs to be dredged. I have the factory swim platform nice BUT stern sits 3 inches below factory waterline at rest with drive up. It has to be up to get in and out of channel. with no rain I get stuck in channel on sand bottom, ( low lake level,) , I have to get out and push(engine off) 15 feet, but my buddy with a sea ray sport 19 190 HP gets in and out no problem.I put 180 pounds in the front (sand bags)and i have no problem going in and out, but of course this is too much weight for the front.I think the swim platform is too heavy for the boat especially with the 190 engine.At rest it lists to the starboard due to the battery and factory ladder. its a 150 acre lake so being heavy on the rear is not a problem and they said the are going to dredge the channel soon,(I hope) The question is can I take off the factory swim platform ? and put back on later? the top edge large phillips screws will unscrew the nuts (or whatever the screws go into) are factory foamed in this should not be a problem to screw them back in after removing the platform.What about the supports screwed in below the waterline?they do not appear to be accessible,are they foamed in? If I can screw them back in I would probably make a SS plate like the support ,goop it and put the screws back in .Do they go all the way thru the transom? I would hope taking off the swim platform would make a big difference in raising the stern. I took the boat out of the water a month ago because of low water. Thank for your help/ideas.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:24 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Just a thought. ...if they are going to dredge and solve the problem I would not be removing the platform, sealing holes and have to reinstall.

Possible temp solution would be getting a water sack for the bow...pump water in til level and through the channel, then pump it out once clear. You could roll the bladder up and stow it to get out of way when not needed. In a temp situation I wouldn't still any holes for water intake either. Just get a pump you can plug into cig lighter and your in business.

08' H210SS
VP 5.7Gi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:48 am 
email admin your custom rank

If you have passengers just have them sit in the bow.

I would not take off the swim platform.