www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:15 am 
Hi Everyone
New member here, considering purchasing a 2007 H200 SS with about 320 hours on it. Has the Mercury 350 Mag with Bravo 1 drive. Pictures look like its in good condition, was a fresh water boat until this last summer when it was used for 1 season in salt.

Cross posting here and in the SL/SS forum as wasn't sure if the boat was considered a Horizon since its in the Horizon lineup but its an SS model and wasn't sure where others would see it :)

Couple of questions:
1. Going to go look at it in person on Saturday and wondering if there are any common issues to look for with either the boat, motor or drive units? Any hints on where to look for potential issues?
2. It will come with the wake boat tower and bimini top which I believe are factory - I don't have inside or covered storage at the moment so it will probably spend time outside in the sun in SC. It comes with the bow and cockpit covers but not the mooring or trailering cover - any ideas where I could purchase one and what I am looking for? I tried a quick good search which pulled a couple of non-OEM options but there was like 500 choices all for the same boat depending on what options the boat has.
3. Also, any leads on where I could buy the table and bow filler cushions?
4. The anodes (I think they are called) on the outdrive show the obvious signs on being in salt, where would I get replacement ones to use in fresh water where I am going to be using? They look pretty ugly right now and if I a not mistaken, fresh water and salt water anode materials are different.
5. It has the (I think) factory thru-hull exhaust - does the factory system have a select switch to quiet it down like a Captain's Call/Slient Choice?
6. Not sure if the boat as a remote oil system on it - will find out on Saturday, if not, any idea what parts I need to add it as I would like to do what maintenance I can do on my own.
7. Boat is red - really red lol - and from what I read online with other brands and assuming its the same with Four Winns, the red hulls tend to fade the easiest. One reason why I want to try to get more coverage on the boat while sitting with a larger cover. As far as maintaining the shine/gel coat - do I just use regular wax like I do for my car? How do I wax where the bunks cover up the hull or do you just skip those spots? Can you polish/clay bar and then wax like a car?
8. Where would I find a service manual (not operating manual) for the motor and drive? Had one on for my Evinrude outboard and it was great to have to be able to understand how to adjust, service, etc.

I am new to a boat like this (I/O) but not new to boating but being originally from WI and a fisherman, I am used to outboards so this is a new learning time for me and I appreciate all the help, sorry for all the questions!

Looking forward to doing a sea trial this weekend!

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 3:57 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Here's my last experience when looking at a used boat claimed to be "mint" and "well maintained":

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/u ... Owner_Enco

I honestly would pay for a marine survey, or at the very least have a legit marina do a mechanical inspection of the boat. If it passes that, then do a sea trial. You'll know right then and there whether the boat is worth buying or not.

Good luck! The H200 SS is a sweet ride.