www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:12 am 
Dolphin

Good afternoon everyone!

I have a 210 that currently has a single battery. I'm looking to upgrade the stereo and be able to play it for long periods of time, both underway and when anchored.

The system I'm looking at includes a Class D amplifier that puts out 75 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms + 400 watts RMS at 4 ohms. It has an 80a fuse rating. I'd like to have the stereo on for 6-8 hours, at moderate volumes.

I'm considering getting 2 Interstate SRM-27 deep cycle batteries and wiring them in parallel. According to Interstate's website. That would give me 320 reserve capacity @ 25 Amps. Does that sound sufficient for a day out on the water?

In addition, I have a Cabela's 12 Amp 2 bank on-board battery charger. Because the alternator handles the starting battery, I would just connect this to the 2 house batteries to charge them after I pull the boat out of the water. If I go this route, would it still be recommended to put in something like the Blue Seas Add-A-Battery system, or just keep them completely separate?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:47 am 
email admin your custom rank

The SRM-29 has about the same foot print as the 27. Thats 90A, more reserve cap for only a little more investment.

Id also consider a pair of 6V golf cart batteries. You can get well over 400 RC@25A in the space of 2 group-24.

A 12A charge just for the house bang, is about half of what you need. Id go with at least a 20A, if not a 30A. Id also suggest a 2 or 3 bank and go ahead and connect the main cranking battery to the charger.

I do not like a stand-alone house bank, because you start depleting the battery as soon as you push away from the dock. Bank is already in the hole before you get to you anchoring spot. Do a more traditional main/house bank setup with a dual bank switch of some type.

The DCP switch and ACR setup is good for the right setup. Its not the most ideal for large house banks that get deeply depleted on a regular basis. I think your plan is on the edge, but doable. I like the passive/manual operation of the DCP switch/ACR, but its hard to beat the simplicity of a basic 1/2/BOTH switch.