www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Temp sensor and gauge
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:42 pm 
Hi all. I've been looking at this great site for a while and have really gotten some good info.
I have a 1996 Horizon 190 5.0 ford Volvo drive. 502 APHUE.
No surprising to anyone the automotive style gauges are having problems.
My main concern is the inop temp gauge. I want to get a gauge and sensor to mount on the side of the dash. My question is does the sensor and gauge have to be a "matching set" or can I just put a new sensor for the engine and any after market gauge?
Thanks and I hope my first post was understandable.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:34 am 
email admin your custom rank

While messing around with mine I added a cheapo three gauge combo right in the engine compartment next to the hour meter, was about 10 bucks and gave me piece of mind on temps oil and such, there was a spare port available on my 4.3 for the temp as well. That said mine as many others have pointed out was all due to a poor ground at the engine. Spent an hour cleaning it all up (and it was very nasty and corroded) and it solved all the cluster problems..

Newtown, CT
untitled-545 by millerjont, on Flickr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:39 am 
Guppy

jontmiller wrote:
While messing around with mine I added a cheapo three gauge combo right in the engine compartment next to the hour meter, was about 10 bucks and gave me piece of mind on temps oil and such, there was a spare port available on my 4.3 for the temp as well. That said mine as many others have pointed out was all due to a poor ground at the engine. Spent an hour cleaning it all up (and it was very nasty and corroded) and it solved all the cluster problems..

On your engine, where was the ground located at? I'm having the same issue with my cluster.