www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:23 pm 
Tadpole

This season I purchased the 2006 200 Horizon with the 5.0 GXi engine. Within the first 20 hour break-in period, I sometimes experience problems starting the engine after it is warmed up. I’ll run the boat for about an hour and then shut it down for approximately 15 minutes. When I go to start it again, the engine will kick over (the battery is clearly not dead) but will not start. After a few tries, it will eventually start. I wouldn’t expect this issue on a new fuel injected engine. Has anyone experienced this behavior? I’m wondering if it’s an ignition coil or engine timing issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:30 pm 
Minnow

Yip... I have experienced the same problem. I have the Merc. 5.7 350 mag on my 05 230. It acts like vapor lock, but the engine does not necessarily have to be hot for it to happen. I told the dealer about it and he said that he has not heard of this problem with any of his other customers. I too am interested in hearing from others out there who have experienced the same problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:34 pm 
Guppy

I had only one issue in 47 hours so far. Last year it was 100 degrees out on the lake, we had the boat shut off for close to an hour. When I tried to start it, it just cranked and cranked and acted like it was not getting gas.

I tried off and on for about 10 minutes and then I called the dealer and he said to pour cold water on the fuel filter, that did the trick.

So yes, MPI 5.0's and the rest do seem to vapor lock in the right conditions!