www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: H210 helm power switch
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:17 pm 
Hi All, yesterday on my second day out the engine shutdown and all the electrics with it while underway. I knew it was electric so started checking all fuses forward and aft. All found ok. There is a reset switch on the aft storage locker under sunbed called helm power. I assumed this is a circuit breaker with an overload reset button. It wasn’t activated so I kept on looking. I redid my battery terminals before launching however gave them another check and looked deeper in the area behind the battery. I saw another device behind the helm power breaker. Disconnected the helm power faceplate and found what I think is another breaker wired in parallel which had corroded terminals and my positive had disconnected itself problem solved. Got out the tools and we were back underway and my headache was subsiding!

Anyways, can any of you guys confirm if this is a normal setup (2 breakers) or maybe the previous owner just replaced a circuit a breaker by screwing another one to the exisiting?

Thanks guys

Last edited by dcerra on Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:54 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Never had my helm breaker plate off so all I can do is guess. Doesn't make sense to have two breakers in line though. I would say it was added and wonder if he had an accessory like maybe an amp or something that he removed and merely connected up the wires at the added fuse.

Just a thought since the wire connectors at the secret fuse look to be the standard crimp style and not oem. Unless those are ones you added while on the water.

Doesn't make sense to have that style breaker hidden behind a plate...regardless that was a good find on the water....i would never have thought to remove the plate I know.

DO you have evidence of other components being added and removed? I have heavy gauge wire run from bttry area to helm and tower where prior owner took back his amp and speaker system unfortunately.

08' H210SS
VP 5.7Gi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:46 am 
Thx TX I only noticed as i saw it floating there when I changed the battery terminals. I was trying to work out what everything was at the time, including the helm power switch as it’s reset sign was also missing! Lucky I remembered it when I had the issue!

An amp has been added but runs direct to battery.

PS can you see the photo? I couldn’t load it...too many pixels or something like that!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:56 am 
http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/dcerr ... 4.png.html][img]http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah185/dcerra/2E6AA178-F882-4876-AEDC-E3440DEE1D2D_zpsjrqlfqe4.png