www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:52 pm 
Tadpole

Hello :) My husband and I just bought our first boat and took delivery in May. We are preparing for our first week long trip next week and thought we'd check on the new baby to see if we needed any last minute purchases. For some reason the passenger seat only swivles now, the stupid thing will not lock into any postition. We treid with the chair empty and with someone sitting in it, we tried holding the handle and releasing slowly, we even tried jiggle the handle :evil: Has anyone else had this or a similar problem? I called the dealer this morning and the said they had never heard of such a thing. The stupid service deptarment is booked through August, so I guess whoever sits in that chair will just have to hold on tight. Any suggestions for getting this chair to lock into position? Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:58 pm 
Clownfish

I believe there are 2 adjustment levers under the seat. One is to raise it up and down and the other is to move it forward and back. I forgot which one does but it also locks it or not. Did you look in the book?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:50 pm 
Tadpole

Yes, there are two levers. One for moving the seat back and forth and one to operate the swivel. The swivel level does not seem to be working properly, like the driver's seat. Thanks for the suggestion about looking in my owner's manual :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:01 am 
Guppy

Ours did the same thing, until we figured out how to use it! It seemed like one of the levers also flips up and down as well as turns, so just keep playing with it until you find out what works and what dosen't

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:32 pm 
I fix stuff

Sounds like the pins holding the plastic sleeve are not in postion allowing the sleeve to rotate. So even if the handles lock the seat to the sleeve - everything spins.

There are three pins pressed thru the pedatal mount that the geared sleeve slides on. I took the pins out. Slide a small screwdriver in the slots of each pin (thus increasing the outer diameter) and pressed them in with a flat drift. So far this has corrected the issue.

To get to the sleeve.. just lift up on seat.

2001 CBR1100XX

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:57 pm 
Minnow

I have this same issue on my '06 220. The dealer told me they would likely replace the whole seat at my 20 hour. Seems like there would be an easier fix to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:37 am 
230 Mike

You all sure about this? My '05 230 has 3 controls under the seats:

1. A "T" handle to adjust the drag on the swivel (how easy/hard it is to swivel the seat when it's unlocked)

2. A lever that unlocks the seat so that it can slide forward and backward (legroom adjustment)

3. Another lever on the opposite side that has two positions - down (swivel locked) and up (swivel freely).

Mike
2005 Four Winns 230/240
VP 5.7GXi/DP
1998 F-150 XLT
Boat Pic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:45 pm 
Tadpole

I think WayTooSlow was right. On our lastest vacation, a friend pulled the seat off and showed us that the pins weren't pushed in at all. The seat was just sitting on the pins and the entire mechanism was swiveling freely. He pushed the pins in completely and this seemed to fix the problem for a couple of days. I'm going to try your suggestion of widening the pins. Thanks!

Post subject: Seats
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:55 am 
Guppy

We also have the problem with our passenger seat, then the drivers. We called the dealer and they advised they were having problems this year with the 200 horizon seats. At the 20 hour inspection they replaced the pins and it works fine..

Call your delaer as 4 winns is aware of the issue.

Randy