www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 7:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 652 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 44  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:55 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Jackal, weather looks good until Friday, then some rain (or so they say). Fleet Marine were supposed to be moving this side of Xmas to Seaford, but have heard nothing from them yet. WIll be much easier for me than trailering through the traffic to Highett - will be stright down Eastlink. I did a real good deal on the 190 when I bought it in 2006 - was ex-showroom and bought it in November - saved about $10K off list after 2 days of haggling! Extremely happy with the boat, and cannot really think of much I would want to change. Would definately buy another!

How do you find the Patrol tows? I sold mine and bought a Territory (thought the current Patrol looked ugly!). Very surprised at how well the Territory tows - heaps of power, no sway, handles great, and a hell of a lot more economical!

I think Ardy bought his at the best possible time as far as the US to A$ goes. If he bought today he would have probably been paying about 30% more...

Hit the road tomorrow - in the middle east until the end of the month. Bummer - no beer... :(

Alec

2006 Horizon 190
VP 4.3GL/SX, Sunsport

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:47 pm 
life to the full

Hey Jackal
Yep the Aussie dollar was around 94 cents when I ordered the H180 and the news keeps getting better. When I went to the credit union to organize the loan a few weeks ago ,interest rates on the loan had just dropped 1% and is highly likely will even get a even lower rate due to the timing on when I pick up the cheque .One thing is for sure I have been very blessed with the purchasing of the boat.
Ardy
South Oz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:05 am 
Starfish

Hey all, what's been happening????

Here are some stats for you on the prop situation.... Might i say that the dealers comments of "a guy he know's getting 6 people up behind one of these babys...." CRAP, Dear Mr dealer, the guy who told you that is full of S#!T... maybe on 6 foam filled surfboards...

STD Prop, 1 skier struggled (havent even bothered to try 2) No stats or figures other 57mph top speed rev's ??? (Bimi packed up, 170Kg of adults & 40kg of kids, Fuel 3/4)

The following conditions are as follows about 10kt tail wind, bimi cover up and acting like a sail, 250lt fat sack about to pop full of water, 170Kg of adults & 40kg of kids, Fuel 3/4 full

Solas 4 blade 17" Pitch stats on the top & Solas 3 blade lexor 17" on bottom (bigger diameter - Massive blades)

22mph @ 2600 rpm, 31.5mph @ 3000rpm, 45mph @ 4000rpm, 54.5mph @ 4700rpm22mph @ 2350 rpm, 35 mph @ 3000rpm, 48mph @ 4000rpm, 54mph @ 4500rpm

The big test for me i could not run a compare back to back pulling 2 skiers out of the water on single ski, it was 2 weeks apart so it is more memory rather than stats (both guys around 100kg, one can sometimes get up and the other can most times get up, *** No Pro's here ***)

The 4 blade felt better to take off with / quicker that the 3 blade, i am not so sure so i am going to test them again. the guy from solas says that purely based on the stats the lexor is actually better. GRRR i wish it was a bit / LOT more clear cut, i was hoping for a bigger difference with the 4 blade.

I wonder what it would cost for a duo prop conversion....

I am going to trial it again over the weekend to get a better feel, hmmm i wonder if there is a 4 blade with a bigger dia like th lexor....

2008, H210, Volvo Penta 5.7ltr, 300hp, SX Drive

Last edited by Jackal on Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:58 pm 

Finally back home in the land of beer! :lol: Looking forward to getting the boat out - maybe Sunday if the weather holds and I have finished all the Xmas lights at home!!

Interesting feedback on the props Jackal... surprised that your top end did not vary much - I saw a huge drop on mine when I tried a 4 blade. Pulled like a tractor out of the hole, but paid for it big time at the top end. Keep us all informaed as I am sure there are more than just me interested in your findings.

Alec

2006 Horizon 190
VP 4.3GL/SX, Sunsport

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:47 pm 

Guys, if you need parts for your FW and having trouble or delays getting them, or getting gouged on price, then read the following:

Quote:
It should not be hard to get parts from the factory. I don't know why they were holding your order back, it's very easy for a dealer to order parts from Four Winns. We do it all online and common parts like what you wanted is shipped very quickly. Every now and then I have a part that will take a while to come in, but these are usually the non-stocking parts that they have to build like canvas and upholstrey.

If you need something from Four Winns and you would like it discounted and drop shipped right to your house just let me know.

Send me an email to ifourwinns@winnisquammarine.com

This offer stands for anyone on ifourwinns. I would be happy to help out with questions/advice/parts whatever is needed. I have seen a need for this for awhile now, I have just been crazy busy and not gotten to it. I have now setup an email address for these inqueries, and I will oversee that these questions and parts get taken care of right away. This will not be Four Winns Retail pricing. If you prefer to call me, the marina's number is (603)524-8380. Be sure to tell me your from ifourwinns...

We have a huge selection of parts and know Four Winns very well. We have been a Four Winns dealer for nearly 30 years now and take pride in what we do. Customer Service is what we do!!!

You will find many happy customers of Winnisquam Marine on ifourwinns that can tell you we don't mess around...

Ryan Crawford -Winnisquam Marine

Ryan will ship to Oz no problems, and also to the UK and anywhere else in the world. Just thought you may find this to be a useful option for genuine FW factory parts....

Alec

2006 Horizon 190
VP 4.3GL/SX, Sunsport

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:33 am 
life to the full

Cool!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:24 pm 
Starfish

Ardy, where are u??? have you got your Boat yet????? We want pics....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:10 am 
life to the full

Hey Jackal
I rang the boat shop on Monday, and they said they are expecting it within the next week. I'm not holding my breath here but it would be nice. and as for photos there will be plenty of the new baby
waiting patiently
Ardy
south oz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:13 am 
Starfish

you must b joking..... i would be furious by now... not that i am trying to stir you up but i hope they plan on throwing heaps of free stuff in to make up for the delays.... :evil:

2008, H210, Volvo Penta 5.7ltr, 300hp, SX Drive

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:08 pm 

Delivery ex-US is a problem and always seems to be regardless of who the dealer is in Oz. Many things need to be taken into account - first, they have to build the boat, then get the boat shipped from Chicago to LA (especially in the winter), then getting space booked on a boat (remember, this in not a container we are shipping, it has to be loose loaded on the deck so you may have to wait a bit...), then 2-3 weeks freighting it to Oz depending on stop-overs on the way, then unloading, customs clearance/inspection etc. then finally shipping to the dealer. I would say 4-5 months as an absolute minimum from time of order assuming all of the planets were in perfect alignment and no manufactuing delays!

How do I know? I originally ordered a red H180 in June and promised a pre-Xmas delivery. Come December, no boat, and no sign of it - had not left the factory. Threatened to walk so got a super deal on a floor stock H190 that I could not refuse! I think the red H180 finally turned up in March. I have no regrets at all in going for the 190 though - bigger engine, tandem trailer, all the upgrades, etc. etc. and I got to drive it away the next day!

Decided I liked black better than red anyway..!! :lol:

Alec

2006 Horizon 190
VP 4.3GL/SX, Sunsport

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:59 am 
life to the full

The delivery of red H180's seem to be a problem. They seem to have lost mine somewhere between the factory in America and Adelaide South Australia, but they have a tan one in stock to the same spec, which the boat store has graciously offered to have professionally repainted ( at their cost) and have thrown in a graphic as well . Soooo... hopefully should have my new boat ready in the next few weeks. Having said all that if the paint job isn't first class I won't accept the boat.
Ardy
South Oz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:25 pm 
All Night Long

Ardy - are you saying they are going to sand it done and spray a red gel coat on the boat? Or, do you think they'll just use an imron/enamel type of paint?

Good luck!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:09 pm 

I would imagine it would be a 2-pack paint...

Alec

2006 Horizon 190
VP 4.3GL/SX, Sunsport

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:24 am 
life to the full

two pack .and if the result isn't perfect they dont get any money from me
Ardy
South Oz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:58 am 
Starfish

Ardy,
I have just discovered this post, I would think carefully about accepting a stripe painted with two pack paint as the factory stripes are gelcoat. A painted stripe will not have the same "lustre" as the rest of the boat, and if it is scratched or scuffed the marks will not be able to be buffed out like gelcoat. My boat was about six weeks over its estimated delivery date, but once i had it it was worth every minute of waiting.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 652 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 44  Next