www.iFourWinns.com

Dedicated to Current and Future Owners
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 652 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 44  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:38 pm 
email admin your custom rank

Quote:
As for me Morgan on the Murray River in my less than trusty Stacer runabout but soon to be H180

Hey Ardy - is there still water flowing in the Murray..?? !! :lol:

Alec

2006 Horizon 190
VP 4.3GL/SX, Sunsport

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:44 am 
life to the full

From all accounts no flow, but at Morgan which is above lock 1 it remains stable at pool height approximately 3.2 metres above sea level . That lock at Blanchtown is a thing of beauty IMHO.
Ardy
Adelaide
South Oz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:18 pm 
Starfish

So, now I have figured out how to put an image here!

350mpi Mercruiser
Jeep Grand Cherokee V8

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:14 am 
life to the full

[quote][/quote] Nice one .I will be posting some photos in November when my H180 arrives
Ardy
South Oz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:27 pm 

hi bschmid2... notice on your pic that your spare wheel is on the traffic side. At your leisure, you may want to swap it over to the kerb side so you don't get 'cleaned-up' if you have to pull it off for a flat in traffic. Done that to mine now. Nice boat BTW..!! :D

Alec

2006 Horizon 190
VP 4.3GL/SX, Sunsport

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:02 pm 
life to the full

Just want to be sure but can anyone confirm that the FW trailers use a ford stud pattern on the hubs
Thanks
Ardy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:38 am 

Yep, is Ford Ardy.

Alec

2006 Horizon 190
VP 4.3GL/SX, Sunsport

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:08 am 
life to the full

Thanks Aussie ,that saves me having to get a spare as I already have one with the tow vehicle ( ED Fairmont wagon)
Ardy
South Oz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:23 pm 

Yep - that'll work. If you do happen to get a spare with the trailer, make sure you swap it to the left side of the trailer otherwise you will be trying to get the spare off on the traffic side... My picture does not show it but I have since swapped it over. :)

Alec

2006 Horizon 190
VP 4.3GL/SX, Sunsport

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:30 pm 
life to the full

I saw that in a previous post by you and thought that it was a good Idea,specially as most of my trips to Morgan (2 hours away ) are done after work at around Midnight.
Ardy
Adelaide

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:59 am 
Goldfish

I'm a Kiwi. Now I know that doesn't qualify me for this post technically however I hope I can be accepted here alongside my ocker mates due to a potentially small number of NZ'ers on this forum!

In return I promise to not mention the Tri Nations or the Bledisloe Cup or the Warriors win last week.

I just bought a H190 in Feb this year (my first boat) so its been a long winter of discontent. Hopefully our upcoming summer will allow many calm days to be spent on the hydro lakes or in the Waitemata harbour :D

Have just considered the spare wheel situation so must change that over on the weekend!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:44 pm 

The location of the spare tire on your trailer would not need to be altered If you operated your vehicles on the correct side of the road :lol:

La Habra, California

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:18 am 

ahhh Jeff, we DO drive on the correct side of the road..!! :D

Actually the history of this is quite interesting - back in Roman days, the Roman soldiers used to pass each other on the roads to the left. The reason for this was to prevent actually jabbing the passing soldiers accidentally, and also being able to draw their swords in a hurry if they were the enemy. Another reason is back in the stage coach days, the driver whipped the horses with his right hand. If he had a passenger on the front with him, unless he sat on the right, the passenger got whipped also.

The first motor cars were also right hand drive - yes, even in the USA. Dunno why you ever changed! And now for the clincher - why do you steer your boat from the right hand side...?? Don't ask me, I have no idea! :lol:

Hey Ardy, was thinking the other night about trailer bolt patterns, my tandem is definately Ford 5 stud. Not 100% sure if a single axle is 5 stud or 6 stud... if a 5 stud, then Ford, if 6 stud, then probably Ford/Toyota...

Welcome Chris - look, I think NZ is close enough to be classed as Oz..!! :lol: I'll have to update my photo to show my 2007 trailer with the spare on the 'correct' side..!!

Alec

2006 Horizon 190
VP 4.3GL/SX, Sunsport

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:06 am 
Starfish

Hi All, I must say i have obviously been looking in all the wrong places to fins forums on Four Winns Boats, I have jsut purchased a H210 with a 300hp Volvo. Its been a good read, obviously we all like our new boats but i am interested to hear any gripes as well as i want to rectify any problems before they occur. does anyone go out in rougher types of water? also are any of you into wakeboarding. I have bought the boat to do both coming from a probe ski boat. The boat "should" arrive soon. the boat is coming from a dealer but i wanted headlights and scuff plate to be fitted, i am already coming up with funny names like "Four Weeks" because thats how long it has taken so far to get the parts from the US... :(

What can i say i am just so keen to see this thing hooked up to my car reversing into the water for the first time.

i look forward to the feedback and the ongoing conversation.

2008, H210, Volvo Penta 5.7ltr, 300hp, SX Drive

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:59 pm 

First of all, welcome Jackal. This is a great site to find out more about your FW boat and compare notes with others around the world. Where abouts are you located?

No gripes at all with my boat - I go out a lot in Port Phillip Bay - usually in waves less than 1 metre (just for comfort) although it is possible to go out in bigger waves. I have 2 sons who are into wakeboarding and my boat does really well - you just need to get the rope length to match the wake the boat puts up.

As for parts, my dealer in Melbourne generally has no problems other than props in the middle of summer! I order a lot of my stuff direct from the USA - only takes around 7-10 days to get to my door. Lots of information on this site as to where to get replacement parts from the original manufacturer - just have to look around or ask!

Alec

2006 Horizon 190
VP 4.3GL/SX, Sunsport

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 652 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 44  Next